The Cure For The Post Shindig Blues!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Privateer

After I heard what a sucess the gettogether in austin was I talked to Ithica and we decided this should be a more regular happening. SOOOOOOO! Im announcing that I will be hosting the next get to gether or Shindig as Juliet has so eloquently named it lol. Heres the catch I need at least a Idea for when we should hold this and what we are going to name these, something like the 405th summer training camp. I live outside of houston in a good size house so we will have plenty of room to spreadout and some really good neibors who like to hangout outside and party late lol. Let me know what your Ideas are on what we should cover during the gtg and a timeframe that works for everyone. I would like to do this in the next couple of months due to the kids being out of school soon and having some free time to setup the garage for mass propping lol.

Cheers!

members attending.

Privateer (host)

Ithica

Lovebug

Newspartancreator

Haissan Neiman

Dystorted Inc

Drakku

Das Brutus

Texan2012

Color me interested!

I'll need to know times so I can ask off of work, but if it's possible to try to coordinate this.. my boyfriend'll be on this side of the pond for my sister's wedding, and also a few weeks in August, and I know he'd love to come to one of these.
He'll be here late June, mid-August. (We have GenCon from August 13-17-ish, but any time after that would be prime. Except that fall semester starts up soon after that.. hm..)
Of course, don't let our timeframes stop something from happening, if it ends up being best to do it in like, July or something.

But yeah. Keep me posted, plzkthx. :D

LOL :D

Nothing cures The Blues faster then organising the next shindig! School holidays always seemed to work best for people. I always felt that six months was a good time frame to organise in advance, BUT that was because we had to arrange hotels for dozens of people. With everyone staying at someones place it'll work out easier and cheaper for everyone. I'd say aim for the next school holidays over there if they're far enough away to allow people to get some money together for travel/expenses.

Good luck Privateer, may the Forerunners be with you. ;)

juliet76 said:

Nothing cures The Blues faster then organising the next shindig! School holidays always seemed to work best for people. I always felt that six months was a good time frame to organise in advance, BUT that was because we had to arrange hotels for dozens of people. With everyone staying at someones place it'll work out easier and cheaper for everyone. I'd say aim for the next school holidays over there if they're far enough away to allow people to get some money together for travel/expenses.

You know you can count us in. You let me know what days and I will be there with bells on my nipple....ok maybe not bells but domething...lol.

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm good for sundays... unless we have a special event... Memorial Day is out...

Name idea: The 405th Armor Retreat. Retreat as in a business kind of retreat, not a "Holy Crap!!! RETREAT!!!!"

You were missed, my friend... but not forgotten

juliet76 said:

A shindig in Brisbane could be a good idea... there's a few of you up there, and if its near a con (like supanova or GenCon) i might just be able to make it up there ;)
Also, love the firefly reference, your a Browncoat right juliet76?

i vote the next one happens next summer... i know its a while away, but i will be 21 and i dont want to drive all the way to texas and not be able to get a beer with Dave and all you other great texans... so in my honor wait one years time so that i dont have to miss another gathering...

to much to ask? alright well fine, but i will be coming to the first one next summer... but if anyone in the midwest is planning one, im in.

Privateer said:
...I need at least a Idea for when we should hold this and what we are going to name these, something like the 405th summer training camp...

How about we keep with military terms for these and refer to them as Operations? Like the last one was- OPERATION: AUSTIN and the next one will be- OPERATION: HOUSTON. Maybe?

p0rtalman said:
A shindig in Brisbane could be a good idea... there's a few of you up there, and if its near a con (like supanova or GenCon) i might just be able to make it up there ;)
Also, love the firefly reference, your a Browncoat right juliet76?

Yep, Serenity Oz was the first ever forum I joined and is the only other one I've been an active member of. There I was known as thepeoplesrepublicofjoe or sometimes- Evil Joe. ;)

As for a 405th shindig here? Well we live close to where the cons are held, Zerebin lives close by, I've got a good sized workshop to accomodate people and their projects, and I just mentioned it to Linda and her first reaction was a smile... Hmm, OPERATION: BRISBANE?

Portalman my friend, I think that you and I should talk more about this subject via PM. :cool:

I didn't get to privilege to meet ya last time Charlie so I can't pass this up!

Just throw out some dates and I'll try my best to make it.

I like this word, "shindig". It makes me feel like we're in a Halo-ized version of Firefly, my two favorite obsessions.

I'm up for a shindig!! I'll deffinately be able to make this one, I'm the boss now so I can deffinately be able to leave on a Friday. I think its about a 7 or 8 hour drive, which is not to bad when you got good tunes and lots of redbull. :D I think that mid July would be good, just as long as its not at the end of the month (billing, inventory). Just let me know what dates and I will be there, not with bells on but maybe completed suit on. ;)

I could even make a banner for the "retreat", with the blessing of Adam letting me use the Logo.

I might come pre-shindig sometime soon. But I am up for a Houston hosted event.

Was looking forward to meeting you last weekend but you weren't able to make it, and I wasn't able to hangout much with mother's day going on as well.

Houston is much more local for me..... Carting around a truck full of molds wont be so bad for the few miles to your place ... I'll look forward to this

I'd love to attend, its good to not have to wait so long. I just need advance warning of the dates and I will move Heaven and Earth to get there. Anyone like Sailor Jerry's?

Haissan Neiman said:
I'd love to attend, its good to not have to wait so long. I just need advance warning of the dates and I will move Heaven and Earth to get there. Anyone like Sailor Jerry's?

It's the Rum of Champions! I like it best with a little RC. ;)

well, I will bring that, and you bring the RC...

Ever try it with TxMex(not sure of the brand) canned pine apple juice?

Okay, sigma brings the RC, I got the Jerry, Dystorted you bring the moon pies...I like the banana flavored, I dunno about the others...will this be byob(ring your own bbq/beer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back