The Cure For The Post Shindig Blues!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll definately bring them, how about a crater , comes with RC cola's. What flavors do you like. And yes I hope its BYOB, After a long drive I'll need a beer.

Beer *YUCK*....Can't stand the stuff...oh wait I'm not supposed to know that yet....*shifty eyes*

hmm...I wander if I could convince the parents to let me drive (or fly) to houston? What do you think?....I think they'll be all, 'Again with the internet strangers!' I still can't get them to forget about meeting Link4044 at dragon con.

I noticed a random guy was wearing a 405th tshirt. I mentioned it and he introduced himself and I told him my username and we had a short conversation. The parents were shocked/stunned/sort of angry/scared. They weren't expecting that at all. I'm generally very careful on the internet and never really meet people or anything or tell my name or anything. On the ineternet, once its there, everyone can see it and everyone knows. I'm really scared of stalkers, lol.

We'll see if I can make it down, it might be worth it, though just for a weekend, maybe not...course I could always make it so I visit the friends in Oklahoma on the way there or back, a little detour and kill two birds with one stone...we'll see...then I would drive and proly have the sib with me...we'll see how everything plays out...

BTW, for me schools out the 27 of this month until august so in that time frame would be nice.

EDIT:

Here's a nice tool for anyone thinking of driving any large distance to a shindig: AAA Fuell Cost Calculator

well, those dates look tempting and they seem reasonable, I have one or two things to check since i will be going on a family cruise this summer. I would prefer sooner than later, but I'm just greedy that way. This is great notice BTW, allows me to get the time off from work for at least one day out of that weekend, I go come back everybody's happy. Oh right, I guess there should be some plans made on who brings what so we don't end up eating nothing but moonpies all weekend. Are we just going to go all out Texas BBQ, or do y'all want (OMG, spell check has y'all in it) some chili to go with that, I warn you, it's spicy, and perfect for a hot day. Adam may not have trouble tho, he looks like he's half Korean at least, I know he can handle the spicy. Oh who likes Korean food? I could bring some Korean BBQ, kim-bob, or kim-chi. This is consequence of a 9 month employment at a Korean owned Japanese restaurant they made meals for their employees. It was good stuff, I love seaweed soup, y'all want that? Well in anycase I will bring the Sailor Jerry, that stuff goes down smooth and is still flammable...

Dude we could deffinately have BBQ, Texas Style!! ;) Or Blues Style (TN/MS based bbq). I think the 18/19 Days is perfect, i'll get paid the 3rd, get my plastics in that next week and paid again on the 17th for play money for that weekend. Perfection!! So we have one order for Dr. Pepper and Banana Moonpies, anyone else have a favorite. lol. I also hope to have my armor finished by then, or at least molded, and be able to bring those with me if anyone wants some casts. I know no one has seen them yet but they are looking superb, especially after I do the Privateer mod with hinging the shins and greaves. :D

18/19 looks good to me (I voted for all of the posted dates.) My plan is to learn most do my pep and get my torso printed some time in the future, it came out all sucky, the parts did not fit the page proper at all, but that is a rant for another thread. I could see if any of my friends would be willing to invest some of their time in this if not at least convince them to show up to check it out. so if you all want chili do you want it spicy, mild or what? I need to know in advance because this is chili for the ages, it takes a day and a night to make.

I am considering plastics but I think it would be prudent to have something to contribute first. Wouldn't be fair to be that kind of mooch.

I think (and I will post up a poll when we decide on a hard date) I will do a short sculpting and mould making session on sat then sunday a casting and painting session. Also I will have to check the participants at a later time and see if anyone would be willing to helpout with say a pep and fiberglassing session, and maybe some bondo work if time allows.
I would like to set this up with a couple different stations where people can work on and learn different aspects of the hobby. Ill have several tables setup so the people working on each method will have a area to work in let me know what yall think and feel free to throw up some Ideas.

Cheers!

That sounds great to me, I would love to bring my full sculpted suit but i'm not sure how well it will do in a hot car for 8 hours, but we'll see. I'll definately make this one if not because of time and money, because I feel like I can definately contribute to people interested in sculpting and what not.

BFDesigns said:
Wish I could swing by. I'm on the east end of the country tho in Philly.

Not to worry BFD, a Northeastern event is shaping up at my place in Lancaster, PA. You'll have to come down from Philly for this!

Best of luck with the event Privateer! If I can get airfare together, I'd totally love to come to this!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow looks to be shaping up. Clay works and hat not, looks more and more like a tutorial session. and group efforts on each others' stuff... Learning to work with clay, I am stoked

Privateer said:
I think (and I will post up a poll when we decide on a hard date) I will do a short sculpting and mould making session on sat then sunday a casting and painting session. Also I will have to check the participants at a later time and see if anyone would be willing to helpout with say a pep and fiberglassing session, and maybe some bondo work if time allows.
I would like to set this up with a couple different stations where people can work on and learn different aspects of the hobby. Ill have several tables setup so the people working on each method will have a area to work in let me know what yall think and feel free to throw up some Ideas.

Cheers!

I wouldnt mind helping out with the pep and bondo stuff, need to get a date first I have to give 6 weeks notice at my job and I'm trying to save up most my vaca for dragon con not sure if I'm even going to make that but lets get those dates asap and I'll see if I can afford to fly down

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok it looks like the 18th and 19th of july is the winner so far soooo we are going to run with that. Ok now that we have the dates in order its time to figure out the schedule I have ideas on what I would like to see accomplished let me hear yours (im including the manditory trip to wally world) LOL.

Cheers!

if here is a trip to wally world is it the one on spring cypress? those that have full suits of armor must wear them for the tour...I am going to use my stubborn face... :cautious: :mad: (its actually a combination of the two, eyes of the first and mouth of the second...)

And for what is accomplished, there are so many different options it might be a good idea to figure out which ones need to be discussed most thoroughly.

well if you do something in the beginning of September I would LOVE to be there. My aunt is due then and lives in waco. so if you do i would love to meet some of you guys and learn some casting skills or what ever!! ( i dont cast because i have no place for molds. parents think my armor takes up to much space as it is)

was looking into leaving for houston on the 17 and coming home on the 20th I dont know so far I found round trip to be about 334.90 with all the fees for just me its double that if my wife comes and I dont think she let me go unless she comes to so ouch doesnt really leave me room for material at all! I'll keep looking though

Well I will have the door open to anyone needing to come in friday night but the festivities will start sat morning as soon as we drag ourselves out of bed lol.

Woo! Consider me going. I've got a handful of people also wanting to attend, but I'll get specific numbers for you soon.

I'd like to offer to help out with something, but uh.. yeah, looks like everything's covered by someone with more experience. Haha. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back