The Dark Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duplicolor makes a great chrome spraypaint. You can get it at Autozone. Makes it look like you dipped your part in mercury when it's wet, but it looks exactly like chromed metal when it's dry!

Confucious T said:
You ever wondered making a Mandalorian Helmet?
Do you mean old style mandalorian armor like Rohlan Dyre?

(Click on picture to enlarge)
3551006180_1fdbbfb2b3.jpg

Or new style, Boba's?

Updates on pepgluing:

(Click on pictures to enlarge)
3550750753_1de2cbc113.jpg

3550750593_f46a069258.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the chrome paint i use is the duplicolor chrome just dont put a clear coat on it on it will take out the shine like mine. plus after you spray it dont touch it for like 4 hours because it will smudge

Ready to serve,
What is your biddings, my mastah, mwahahahaha :)

(Click on picture to enlarge)
3558694457_8d2a4df212.jpg

BFDesigns said:
Duplicolor makes a great chrome spraypaint. You can get it at Autozone. Makes it look like you dipped your part in mercury when it's wet, but it looks exactly like chromed metal when it's dry!

I've used those kind of 1 can chrome paints before and I have to say you get what you pay for. :cautious: I however did find an incredible way to paint things chrome, it's a bit pricey but well worth the money for the job it does. It's a 3 can 4 coat process and creates some of the best possible results I've ever seen. The stuff is called ALSA killer chrome and its sold in a kit but the best part is that the chrome coat is actually a "metal deposition" rather then a coating spray paint in which you use a misting technique that gives you a beautiful finish and not to mention you might need to use less of it compared to the 1 can chrome paint which will require more coats. (y)

Also the build is looking very good can't wait to see more.

MrOreo123 said:
Looking good! What are your plans for the visor?
Thanks,
I dunno atm what to do with visor, I have to consult with some pros. Good thing is that I'm familiar with a few :)

ContractKiller said:
...The stuff is called ALSA killer chrome ...
Thank you, found it at manufacturer's site, interesting thingy, lil expensive though :)

ContractKiller said:
...Also the build is looking very good can't wait to see more.
Thank you :)

Now, my dark side is resin'd!
3563196902_6a212251f0.jpg
3563197024_fabb79634a.jpg

i showed my friend this and he almost needed a new pair of undies...lol he is a huge fan and said if you finish this it will be one set of armor he would kill for

yeah nice sleek costume man.

that program you were using in the first pic- solidworks- is it free? id love to design my own armour, and would need some 3d skills for it!

michaelarby said:
yeah nice sleek costume man.

that program you were using in the first pic- solidworks- is it free? id love to design my own armour, and would need some 3d skills for it!

FREE??? Ha ha. Freakin NO! It's very expensive =(
(Shsh... Seek p2p networks :))

And I modeled another interesting thingy with it recently :)

(Press on picture to enlarge)
3584638181_459978a75e.jpg

Whadda you think? :)
WBR

ooh thats pretty shiny actually.

damn i musta confused it with a different program.

btw- can sketchup models be converted to pepakura? its the only program i've any experience with!

'The Captain' said:
okay, do u mind if u post up the pep files for download?
BECAUSE THAT IS FRICKIN AWESOME!!!
Well, he did say it was almost a straight rip from the game...
piratebay

:whistle:

Anyways, for those of us who don't have the game, an obj would be appreciated too :) I wanna look at this thing in Max

michaelarby said:
btw- can sketchup models be converted to pepakura? its the only program i've any experience with!

Easily. If you have SketchUp Pro, you can save models in OBJ directly, if no - you can convert DAE model used for publishing models to sketchup library to OBJ file easily with MeshLab free program.

ContractKiller said:
hows the sith trooper coming along?

Dries on the roof :)

KillerT26 said:
oh and when r u gonna make tht mick mask?

Sure. Later. :)

Bloodl3tt3r said:
o_O Sith trooper files are wanted.

Will be published.

'The Captain' said:
okay, do u mind if u post up the pep files for download?

Sure

Bloodl3tt3r said:
I wanna look at this thing in Max

I'll publish all possible files with time :)

Now I made my own reference video to model mando models, it is AOTC shortened to 9 minutes, only to all appearances of bounty hunters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back