The Flashlights And Other Misc Light Emmittin Obj Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvercookie

100_0461.jpg

100_0467.jpg

from left to right.
Coleman mini led 5%
Maglite mini mag 2 AAA version modded with a 110*wide angle flat top led. so you get more of a dot. 10$ total
river rock .5w single led 2 AAA. 8$
Some 2AAA xenon from odd lots, decent. 3$
some dollar store 9 led light 3 AAA you get what you pay for. 99c lol
Sharper Image 3w luxeon star led, uses 1 CR123 37$
Garrity .3w led with magnifying lense. 3AAA 12$
Rayovac 3w led 2AA 19$
Coleman multi light, 4.3w led, 1 3mm red led, 1 3mm blue led. 3 AAA 33$
SureFire g2 nitrolon. 2 CR123 Batts. 40$ wanted to get G3 but was 10$ short
another coleman but just 5w led. 3AAA 27$
Inova 1w led. 2 AAA 15$
another dollar store 9led , 3 AAA 99c again
Maglite 2 C cell modded with a 10mm Blue led. decently bright. got to switch to better batts. 21$ total.

in the middle.
home made one.
orange pill bottle sprayed with plasti-dip and wrapped in red electrical tape.
runs off a single 9v
the lantern was a extra from my dads night riding helmet mount flash light.
just as bright if not brighter than the g2 nitrolon.

overall with everything cost about 55$

also had a surefire 6p which cost 75$ but i lost that in the woods @ 11 at night playing manhunt.

o_O an odd, off the beaten path thread but ill bite...

hmm, well ive got a Black Mag Lite with an LED conversion kit, and... My monitor that i swear puts out more light then a cars headlights on high beam. :D other then that ive got like 15 broken flashlights all over my room.

Cheers,
-John-

Klowd 13 said:
o_O an odd, off the beaten path thread but ill bite...

hmm, well ive got a Black Mag Lite with an LED conversion kit, and... My monitor that i swear puts out more light then a cars headlights on high beam. :D other then that ive got like 15 broken flashlights all over my room.

Cheers,
-John-

its called brightness lmao.

interested in sending me those flashlight parts?
ill pay some.
could always use the parts to build more custom ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would, but sadly... my room is a craphole and i can barely find anything i need in it. About the only thing i can find is my bass, but i need to dig sometimes to find my Amp and Amp Cord. I need to clean before school starts.

Cheers,
-John-

Klowd 13 said:
i would, but sadly... my room is a craphole and i can barely find anything i need in it. About the only thing i can find is my bass, but i need to dig sometimes to find my Amp and Amp Cord. I need to clean before school starts.

Cheers,
-John-
haha same here.
well if you remember gather it all up when you clean your room and let me know.

thats one helluva collection there. outta curiosity, is there any reason so much candle power is needed there? lol

but yeah, i've got something that i guess falls under light emitting object.

It's a spyder II BX 35mW blue laser from wickedlasers.com. i'm actually trying to sell it right now over in classifieds too.

things got a bright blue beam thats visible during the daylight (not the dot but you can see a blue line tracing from the front end to the dot on the wall) and using some lens caps you can get it to light matches, cut trashbags, tape, etc. basically anything dark colored.

I bought it for a replacement for my old green one that could cut and light stuff from 50 ft away that TSA broke :/

anyhow, heres a pic of the thing itself and some pics of the beam. you can see the actual beam itself pretty well in the 3rd pic bouncing off my bathroom mirror

0724081526.jpg

0724081527.jpg

0724081528.jpg

mid_Spyder_Ii_Bx_Tunnel_Effect_From.jpg

a kid i know from my scout troop dropped one of those in the Latrine at camp... the toilet and the holes in the floor emitted light...lol :lol: i couldnt stop laughing

Cheers,
-John-

Skippster86 said:
My duty light
surefure005.jpg

surefure006.jpg

i hate you.
i miss mine so much.

Jason 'Biff' H said:
thats one helluva collection there. outta curiosity, is there any reason so much candle power is needed there? lol

but yeah, i've got something that i guess falls under light emitting object.

It's a spyder II BX 35mW blue laser from wickedlasers.com. i'm actually trying to sell it right now over in classifieds too.

things got a bright blue beam thats visible during the daylight (not the dot but you can see a blue line tracing from the front end to the dot on the wall) and using some lens caps you can get it to light matches, cut trashbags, tape, etc. basically anything dark colored.

I bought it for a replacement for my old green one that could cut and light stuff from 50 ft away that TSA broke :/

anyhow, heres a pic of the thing itself and some pics of the beam. you can see the actual beam itself pretty well in the 3rd pic bouncing off my bathroom mirror

0724081526.jpg

0724081527.jpg

0724081528.jpg

mid_Spyder_Ii_Bx_Tunnel_Effect_From.jpg

yea i have seen those before.
lets see.
i got 15.08$ in paypal. is that enough? lol

colmon_9 said:
Heres my new one I got since my harbor freight special broke.
DSCF1230.jpg

21 LEDS!
DSCF1231.jpg

imho once you pass 3 led's it is just a waste.
with most you cant see past 20ft.
sure they are bright and good for small area lights but your better off just buying a single led.
less led's=more efficient=more battery life= brighter.

Klowd 13 said:
a kid i know from my scout troop dropped one of those in the Latrine at camp... the toilet and the holes in the floor emitted light...lol :lol: i couldnt stop laughing

Cheers,
-John-

roflmao.

I'll get a pic of my lovely light sometime. But it seems its already been here. Surefire 6p defender.

silvercookie said:
i hate you.
i miss mine so much.
yea i have seen those before.
lets see.
i got 15.08$ in paypal. is that enough? lol
imho once you pass 3 led's it is just a waste.
with most you cant see past 20ft.
sure they are bright and good for small area lights but your better off just buying a single led.
less led's=more efficient=more battery life= brighter.
roflmao.

heh at this point, i'd take about anything for that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back