The Flood...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhrnt

Well For a while now I have thought about what my first project would be....And Ive decided on a flood combat form.
I first thought on which one to make, but since this is my first post, I decided on the easiest one. If all goes well I'll probably make a brute form...but that's something else considering it might be a bust...

Any way I started with a draft which is below
scan0001-1.jpg

(Large image here)

The process I plan on using it to make the shell (the skin) out of cardboard and covering it with a spray-on expanding foam.
As for the armor I'll Probably just do the same as everyone else, the good old pepakura way.
I'll update this as much as possible, but since I'll be leaving soon for my nephew's birthday (out of town) I'll post some progress pictures of the shell when I return.

much luck to you my good man.

Flood forms could be interesting, especially if forum members decide to make a movie or something.

sketches look great!

Chip475 said:
Well for your first project you've chosen something extremely hard (...)

Well I've helped my friends from another town make an Alien Costume from the AvP movies, so I've had make artificial Flesh before, Truth is the hardest part is Probably Going to be the armor for me... lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip475 said:
Well for your first project you've chosen something extremely hard.

But nice Idea! I d love to see it finished

hey im new i was just wondering where u got that progress picture thing

ldropboy94 said:
hey im new i was just wondering where u got that progress picture thing
dude wrong thread don't thread hijack

dude i really hope you do well with this
the enemys of the punny spartans are rising

Well I've helped my friends from another town make an Alien Costume from the AvP movies, so I've had make artificial Flesh before, Truth is the hardest part is Probably Going to be the armor for me... lmao

THE AvP movies... wow, good stuff, you definitely have an expert source then!

I also find it interesting that one of the possible principles of making a Flood form is to build the armor, then mess it up Flood style! the expanding foam is an ingenious idea, but wow, that is a lot of foam...everywhere...

Akademee said:
(...)the expanding foam is an ingenious idea, but wow, that is a lot of foam...everywhere...

Well no I don't need that much expanding foam actually since I Plan on making the arm and initial Flood spore out of Silicone and a Mattress-like sponge so I could move it around and bend and Squish and such.

Wow, quite the endeavor!!! Keep us posted on the build progess, I am very curious to see the method you choose. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back