The Forerunners And The Humans

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay im going to spoil this because it will have some surprises..

what i think happened between the forerunners and the humans. well i think the forerunners were so greatly advanced they wanted to see if a real similar species could survive with out the technological advances they had. so they "cloned" some of the forerunners turned the genes down a little bit to turn humans into primitive species and then the forerunners placed them on earth. and a few years later the forerunners created/found the flood the forerunners saw the threat. placed the flood in the great halo rings. activated the rings killing all sentient life in 3 radi of the galaxy. well earth was in the fourth quadrant and the humans survived evolved and eventually found the halo rings and almost repeated history.

and thats what i think the human/forerunner connection was started

yea i know i got some facts wrong like the 110039 years between the forerunners and the halo we know to day

side note: i do not wish to interfere with religious beliefs. if mods do not want this up feel free to lock it

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the Humans are the decedents of the Forerunners. When the threat of the flood became to great the Forerunners might have used Onyx as a means to protect themselves as they destroyed a large mass of sentient life in the galaxy. The remaining forerunners fled the now bare shield world to find a new planet, which they did, they found Earth which was already existing with primitive animals. Now if you were a couple of people who had no ability to create your current technology you would have to resort to using primitive tech as well. And as your lineage grows its is harder to keep the knowledge of the past up so soon it diminishes as the newer generations come up with their own ways and split into different cultures. IMO

t3h Spoilzler festz

Dreadnought pretty much has the same opinion as me but you guys can't forget about the Ark. ;)

As a general rule, people aren't any smarter today than in the past (as long as we're talking about humans and nothing hairier and more primitive), people just got better at communicating and storing our knowledge.

I take any random person and drop them off in a spaceship in a forest, they may be able to survive but without the industry network of millions of people, there's no way they could make something like another ship. That's the Forerunner dilema.

Sigma-LS said:
Dreadnought pretty much has the same opinion as me but you guys can't forget about the Ark. ;)
As a general rule, people aren't any smarter today than in the past (as long as we're talking about humans and nothing hairier and more primitive), people just got better at communicating and storing our knowledge.

I take any random person and drop them off in a spaceship in a forest, they may be able to survive but without the industry network of millions of people, there's no way they could make something like another ship. That's the Forerunner dilema.

Exactly, maybe The Ark was their ship? We will never know :p

Well yeah, kind of like in Mass Effect the last remaining of the acient species (I can't recall their name) couldn't really do anything significant other than warn people.

did you read all the the terminals? my take on them was that earth is the planet theyre refering to where they cataloged all the species, i supose you could argue it is the origin of "noahs ark" two of every species cataloged to be saved from the 'flood'. or that onyx, a barrier, world was symbolic of noahs ark, and the remaining forerunners came to earth after igniting the rings. think about it. anyway thats how i interpreted it

hognoshal said:
did you read all the the terminals? my take on them was that earth is the planet theyre refering to where they cataloged all the species, i supose you could argue it is the origin of "noahs ark" two of every species cataloged to be saved from the 'flood'. or that onyx, a barrier, world was symbolic of noahs ark, and the remaining forerunners came to earth after igniting the rings. think about it. anyway thats how i interpreted it

yea i read the terminals well the first two then i got bored.. cause i had to keep going back cause of the red thingy

i think the ark was where all the samples of the animals were stored. they cataloged almost the entire galaxy.

the forerunners just thought we were so special that they gave us our own portal to get to and from the ark

but the humans are forerunner, just to explain. when truth, mercy and regret find the humans (forerunner) they know if the covenant found out not all of them took the journey they would all rebel, that is why the covenant try to kill humans.

flying_squirl said:
i think the ark was where all the samples of the animals were stored. they cataloged almost the entire galaxy.

the forerunners just thought we were so special that they gave us our own portal to get to and from the ark
yes but why then did they not simply reclaim their empire immediately after lighting the rings? they had to have been in stasis or something otherwise why would they just start again on earth or why didnt they use the knowledge they all had to at least rebuid on earth in a level greater than the cavemen? i think there are a lot of holes in the story but then the purpose of the game was to kill the covenant, i doubt bungie anticipated such an interest in the grand story of the halo universe

hognoshal said:
yes but why then did they not simply reclaim their empire immediately after lighting the rings? they had to have been in stasis or something otherwise why would they just start again on earth or why didnt they use the knowledge they all had to at least rebuid on earth in a level greater than the cavemen? i think there are a lot of holes in the story but then the purpose of the game was to kill the covenant, i doubt bungie anticipated such an interest in the grand story of the halo universe

Offensive Bias, a Forerunner AI, in an effort to destroy Mendicant Bias, a corrupt AI, activated the rings, killing all sentient life (the Forerunners) in the process. After the Halo effect, all creatures within the ark were transported back to their respective planets, and civilizations flourished. Humanity later emerged as the reclaimers. It is unknown whether the Forerunners were humans in fact, but it is widely believed that our species closely resembled theirs. In fact, 343 Guilty Spark identifies the Maser Chief as a Forerunner, leading many to believe that the Forerunners were simply biogenetically engineered versions of ourselves.

The Forerunners didn't rebuild merely because they put more faith in their technology than themselves. Their AI's were too capable of corruption; too logical to spare them. Read the link I posted, it really gives some insight and I'm sure you will find that there are very few plot holes to be found. Sorry if I typed so much! :D

Ixius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back