The Great Con List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowind

This thread is to give people a heads up to cons, whether already established or up and coming, in their area (It's always nice when the gas money isn't as expensive as a plane ticket). I know you can use web sites like UpcomingCons or AnimeCons to find this kind of stuff as well, but I figured that this could also serve as a multipurpose meetup thread. You could mention a convention you found, that might not even be on one of those big websites, and organize a meetup with people in the area. Related to that a friend of mine told me about a group trying to start up (they have an indiegogo page) a con in Carbondale, Il. Anybody else got a con that's fun to go to or has gone under the radar?

Well I'm planning to go to MegaCon (Orlando, FL) in March.

I'm having a little trouble using my UK address to pay, but my holiday plans will let me be there for the Sunday. I can't bring my MkVI with me but will look out for the 405th while I'm there.

Edit: Ticket issues resolved, Jason (one of the organisers) has been great in helping so now i get to collect my ticket from the VIP/Press table :)

Anime Boston, Boston MA, weekend of March 20th. I will be there as well as 2 other Spartans, possibly 3 others.

I'm planning on going to Megacon in Orlando fl. (March 21-23 i believe.) been there last year it was great And Super Con. in Miami Fl. (July 3- July 6) Also will be my second time going to it. It has alot more of an adult after hrs happenings.

I'm going to RTX with my boys. This year the convention is from July 4-6th. If all goes as planned, we'll be taking my Spartan, The Meta, and a grunt with us. Fingers crossed! ^^

I hoping to go to the Motor City Comic Con out here in Detroit in May 16-18th, but im not sue what day yet.

kami-con in Birmingham Alabama it's got a plot for the whole thing and there's always something new this year iron cosplay, it's like iron chef with out all the cooking.

I am planning on going to C2E2 in chicago which will take place April 25-27, 2014. I went there last year and had a blast. (hey Stan Lee is going to be there)

congrats hope you have fun there. I should be there in costume

to who are you replying?

also in other news we (the 405th) should start thinking about RTX 2014 which will be July 4, 5, and 6, 2014 at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, TX.

I am really hoping to attend (but am having issues due to living in illinois) and am looking for any advice from any other distance con goers.

Don't know about SD comic con, but I hope to make it out to RTX at some point. Though with the way things are right now I probably won't make it out there till 2015.

Ring of Fire Con started yesterday in Hampton, VA down by Virginia Beach and goes on until Sunday. We will be heading up there though I will not have a suit to wear yet unfortunately. It is a small-medium sized con. I am also going to Awesome Con in April in Washington, DC (SEAN ASTIN WILL BE THERE AND BILLY PIPER!...*drumroll* and CAREY ELWES!),

Just an update, Ring of Fire Con was pretty awesome, albeit a bit small. TONS of 501st guys there. Most storm troopers I have seen in 1 place of of yet. Lots of klingons, jedi, and other fun stuff. They also had the 'r2d2 builders club'! I saw a 'mini' master chief running around. He had some pint sized pep armor on, could not have been more than 6 or 7 years old. Start them young :) Anyone going to awesome con or Otakon?

I was at Ring of Fire con (ROFCON for short) being trapped in the dealers room. I was at the booth building models.

Other cons include:

Animazement in Raleigh, NC

Otakon in Baltimore, Maryland

AWACON in Atlanta, Georgia

NEKOCON in Virginia Beach, VA

And that's it for this year. Next year going to be the same unless otherwise. Being in the dealers room for all Cons doesn't allow me to get away much.

I was at Ring of Fire con (ROFCON for short) being trapped in the dealers room. I was at the booth building models.

Other cons include:

Animazement in Raleigh, NC

Otakon in Baltimore, Maryland

AWACON in Atlanta, Georgia

NEKOCON in Virginia Beach, VA

And that's it for this year. Next year going to be the same unless otherwise. Being in the dealers room for all Cons doesn't allow me to get away much.

I didn't get into the dealers room much :( It closed early on Saturday. You might have seen me though, I was walking around randomly carrying a cake because it was my friends birthday on Sunday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back