The Great Odst Flood Year Long Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurray

Jr Member
right after halloween i was still in the spirit and thought about what to be,so searching this and other sites i have noticed that no one has done a flood costume using this picture. [attachment=13338:halo flood costume.jpg]. i also wanted to make the costume so that i could where the costume with or without the flood attatchments. tell me what u think of theidea and i will update once i get more work done. P.S. i am going to start by making the odst armor first and then making the flood mutations later.

Enlisted flood include:Guilty,Ghost 147, and darkwolf. please join if interested

[attachment=13749:917422.jpg]

sounds like a great idea, though a little tough IMO. also you may want to check out hawtymcbloggy's site because she has an article about a flood spore someone made, it may help you a lot

Just FYI, that's a standard Halo 3 marine, not an ODST.

I think for this to look at all realistic, you'd need to be able to mold and cast the flood skin in latex. It wouldn't necessarily be difficult or expensive, but time consuming, since you'd have to sculpt basically the whole upper body.

Achille said:

i think he just wants to be an ODST Flood (unseen before), looks cool, wouldn't you be able to carve that from foam and cover it in something like latex? no need for carving clay or anything for molding, although i don't now a lot about this type of thing so disregard it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really cool idea if you don't mind I would like to join you on this project as in I

make one as well and along our journey we share tips and what not

Achille said:

I think for this to look at all realistic, you'd need to be able to mold and cast the flood skin in latex. It wouldn't necessarily be difficult or expensive, but time consuming, since you'd have to sculpt basically the whole upper body.

I knw that it is a standard marine but i wa going to modify it.i am not sure how i am going to be doing the flood skin but i think my budget may be a bit to low for latex, i may be doing it with thin and wrinkley paper mache(not sure how to spell it) and stretching thin clothe over top of it to add a skin effect.

Darkwolf said:
That's a really cool idea if you don't mind I would like to join you on this project as in I

make one as well and along our journey we share tips and what not

Sorry for the double post but sure i dont mind if you join me even though i do have a bit of a head start, i am about half way through my practice chest piece.

guilty said:
Sorry for the double post but sure i dont mind if you join me even though i do have a bit of a head start, i am about half way through my practice chest piece.

Ah that's cool lol hey as far as the flood part what abot some plaster of Paris type stuff just not such a thick layer

Darkwolf said:
Ah that's cool lol hey as far as the flood part what abot some plaster of Paris type stuff just not such a thick layer

that sounds like a good idea, thanks.

UPDATE: skipped out on the practice chest but am done 4 out of 12 piece on the helmet and will post pictures soon

I was actually thinking about the head part and using a dummy head with the helmet on then put mesh in the mouth of the flood to see out of

Darkwolf said:
I was actually thinking about the head part and using a dummy head with the helmet on then put mesh in the mouth of the flood to see out of

Yeah i was kind of thinking about that too but i have no idea where too get a dummy head, nut since no one is going too see the actualo face i might make a wire mesh base covered in (again) paper mache for the neck and then making a big ball of paper mache about the size of a head just to fill in the helmet.

That would work a couple of other things would be to look up manequins on eBay they are like five to ten bucks for the styrofoam ones or if you get the plaster of Paris stuff it has instructions on how to make a mask mold ofyour face which I have tried and ou will need help someone has to apply the stuff to your face and read carefully it says to use gasoline so the plaster does not stick to our face. I made I jigsaw puppet mask that came out great you just need to paint it and stuff afterword.

got some progress done so id like to show it too you

[attachment=13428:halo pep #2.BMP][attachment=13429:halo pep#1.BMP]

i know it isnt much but i havent had much time to work on it and i have been sick all yesterday, today and maybe tommorrow, and if i am not sick tommorrow i will be stuck at my school for the whole day

It all has to start somewhere....
wink.gif

All right sound like one of the best ideas i have ever herd, seeing how a marine/ folod form onlt has a feew shown mutated parts,it should be relatively easy, the mutated parts are a prop disead, zombie like head, a piece of flood skin on the left thigh, and a really long left arm with 2 branching claws. and the only real change in the armor is half of the torso, a moved down chest piece and one arm will have full equipment. but were will you be able to see out of since the head is moved, you could make a pair of eye holes at the hump at the top. great luck man. U CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guilty, i missed this topic when it came out, and posted this (in the wrong section :D) a day after your original post.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22658&st=0&p=360353&fromsearch=1&#entry360353

I am working on the same thing! WOO! although i'm starting on the infection before i move up to costume. I have some really good ideas for this!

For the infected marine, i was actually going to keep it a marine, but this is more of my design.

86358755.jpg

Where those wrinkles are along the top of the actual infected area, i'm going to be cutting slits, and placing thin black fabric so the person inside can actually see out without having to contort his/her body.

The marine head you see in the picture will be made out of latex and designed however way we want. and the left hand (right in the picture) isnt actually the hand you see in the picture, but fits where the two projected tenticle like things are, making the person wearing the costume able to move it.

I'm going to just sculpt this myself. but I would definitely like some form of help. maybe we can brainstorm together?

guilty said:
got some progress done so id like to show it too you

[attachment=13428:halo pep #2.BMP][attachment=13429:halo pep#1.BMP]

i know it isnt much but i havent had much time to work on it and i have been sick all yesterday, today and maybe tommorrow, and if i am not sick tommorrow i will be stuck at my school for the whole day

Looks good dude I got the helmet with smoothcast320 on it and all I need to do is sand itdown but I might actually start over because I am using fiberglass resin on my iron man helmet and it is way easier lol

Why not put some kind of pull mechanism inside the tentacles so they can be flexed? This would mean that the tentacle is not just flopping from the hand, it's more "alive".

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back