The Legend of Korra: Amon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankball

alright so im planing to go to a anima thang with my friend. idk what its called but its up here in the northwest part of arkansas. and will seeing how i cant make halo build in time im going to go as Amon. right now i'm working on the mask. i had to scale it by 20x to fit me and here hows its coming
SANY0418.jpg

SANY0420.jpg

Dude! I thought amon's mask was so cool. Where did you get the file?! Looks like its coming along good!

Looking forward to seeing it finished and are you going to do the whole entire outfit along with the cloak? If so you gotta post photos of that too.

The one you posted is by far the best one since it gives you multiple angles.

Google Amon and search only for large images. You might even find the pictue, but in a larger size.

It's looking good. Just make sure you fiberglass the INSIDE of the mask. If you fiberglass the outside it will look very sloppy and even worse than bondo. Plus the fiberglass is harder to sand than bondo (in my opinion). Otherwise, keep up the good work! :)

ok heres what im going to do. im going to resin both the inside and outside and fiderglass the outside. my dad has worked with this stuff before about 20 years back so he can help me. why i fiberglassing the outside is cuz i dont want to do it on the inside cuz its a lil tiet to my face so im going for the outside and then sand it down to it looks right

(my speling sucks so much)

....You realize by the time you get it smooth enough, how much of the fiberglass you're going to have gone through? (kind of the reason we fiberglass the inside of things) But I suppose If that's your plan... go ahead.

i do have a nice 3X3 foot peace of fiberglass. but like i said my dad has worked with fiberglass before

i do have a nice 3X3 foot peace of fiberglass. but like i said my dad has worked with fiberglass before
I meant the thick ness of the glass, not square amount. The sanding to get it smooth will probably go through the fiberglass. I'm JUST SAYIN' I don't think its the best idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back