The Riddle Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Widman2013 said:
Keegan, I believe the word would be queue.

EDIT: darn you blood. you posted it like 10 seconds before me

Owned ;P

And yeah, Keegan, you could... but that's not fair. I've heard yours before.

Here's a good riddle:
A hungry velociraptor spots you from 40m away. It immediately moves in to attack, accelerating at a constant rate of 4m/s^2 to its top speed of 25m/s. You flee the moment you are spotted, instantly accelerating to your top speed of 6m/s.

a. How long will the raptor take to reach its top speed?

b. How much distance will you cover before you are caught, torn apart, and messily devoured?

c. How many seconds will it take for you to get caught, torn apart, and messily devoured?

d. Assume the moment you are spotted, you whip out a cell phone and dial 911 to call in air support. Doing so takes you five seconds, during which time your top speed is reduced to 5 m/s. The F-22 Raptor (now THERE'S some irony) will take two seconds to arrive. Will you have time to complete the call? And will the jet get there in time to save you?

e. Explain how you got yourself into this situation. Best answer receives extra credit (a cookie)

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyman said:
a babysitter is watching 10 kids. she wants to give them a snack. there are 10 cookies in a cookie jar. she Also wants to keep one of the cookies in the cookie jar. how does she feed all the children without breaking any of the cookies up?
Give each kid a cookie and then put one of the kids in the jar, or feed 9 kids with cookies, and give the other one a banana or something.

wow. i Suppose she could shove the kid in the cookie jar ;)
sorta the same answer though.
she gives the 10th child the jar with the cookie in it

QUOTE(Bloodl3tt3r @ Oct 24 2008, 03:41 AM) *
Here's a good riddle:
A hungry velociraptor spots you from 40m away. It immediately moves in to attack, accelerating at a constant rate of 4m/s^2 to its top speed of 25m/s. You flee the moment you are spotted, instantly accelerating to your top speed of 6m/s.

b. How much distance will you cover before you are caught, torn apart, and messily devoured?

c. How many seconds will it take for you to get caught, torn apart, and messily devoured?

d. Assume the moment you are spotted, you whip out a cell phone and dial 911 to call in air support. Doing so takes you five seconds, during which time your top speed is reduced to 5 m/s. The F-22 Raptor (now THERE'S some irony) will take two seconds to arrive. Will you have time to complete the call? And will the jet get there in time to save you?

e. Explain how you got yourself into this situation. Best answer receives extra credit (a cookie)

it is past midnight but I'll give it a shot

A-19 sec
B-139 m
C-23.2 sec
D-again, it's late, I'm guessing that since his phone call is almost like waiting one second before running and he makes it 4 or so seconds even After the velociraptor's top speed that he barely gets the call off with maybe a second to spare. but that is assuming my other calc's were right
E-I graduate, I get hired to work for the government which has been doing secret v-raptor cloning (jurassic park!!!!). A raptor goes missing from the test facilities and a universal e-mail is sent out to all the employees who work in the surrounding buildings to LOCK their doors because all doors are conveniently fitted with handles (no knobs). I of course miss the e-mail because I have several e-mail addresses and since I am new to the job I still haven't gotten used to checking my work e-mail.
I like to walk to my building past the wildlife facilities because, being from Idaho, I like having more trees around and knowing animals are nearby (though I've never actually seen one in there; just like trying to see the little animals at the zoo). Down the street, a velociraptor steps around the corner.
After the raptor is put down my horrific death is utilized by the government to pass a new bill allowing them to monitor all cell phones with GPS so that whenever there is a local threat or impending disaster all phones within an appropriate distance are sent a warning txt message.

Skyman said:
wow. i Suppose she could shove the kid in the cookie jar ;)
sorta the same answer though.
she gives the 10th child the jar with the cookie in it

QUOTE(Bloodl3tt3r @ Oct 24 2008, 03:41 AM) *
Here's a good riddle:

it is past midnight but I'll give it a shot

A-19 sec
B-139 m
C-23.2 sec
D-again, it's late, I'm guessing that since his phone call is almost like waiting one second before running and he makes it 4 or so seconds even After the velociraptor's top speed that he barely gets the call off with maybe a second to spare. but that is assuming my other calc's were right
E-I graduate, I get hired to work for the government which has been doing secret v-raptor cloning (jurassic park!!!!). A raptor goes missing from the test facilities and a universal e-mail is sent out to all the employees who work in the surrounding buildings to LOCK their doors because all doors are conveniently fitted with handles (no knobs). I of course miss the e-mail because I have several e-mail addresses and since I am new to the job I still haven't gotten used to checking my work e-mail.
I like to walk to my building past the wildlife facilities because, being from Idaho, I like having more trees around and knowing animals are nearby (though I've never actually seen one in there; just like trying to see the little animals at the zoo). Down the street, a velociraptor steps around the corner.
After the raptor is put down my horrific death is utilized by the government to pass a new bill allowing them to monitor all cell phones with GPS so that whenever there is a local threat or impending disaster all phones within an appropriate distance are sent a warning txt message.
Sorry, your calculations are horribly wrong. >.< you're quite far off, sorry.

The answer is Chuck Norris

He is always the answer....

Who is Master Chief? Chuck Norris
Who killed Hitler? Chuck Norris
What caused the dinosaurs to go extinct? Chuck Norris
What was the Black Plague? Chuck Norris
Who is Chuck Norris? Chuck Norris

Its very simple my friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back