The Science behind Halo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's the big reason why I love halo, it's the scientific realities we can relate to it! like Star Trek! with out it, the cell phone would have never been invented!

I really enjoyed that article, short as it was, though I had a few complaints with it.

First off, the discussion of megastructures was too short and completed missed the point. There was no talk of the Halos, the Ark, or the artificial planet of Onyx. They only talked about the Dyson sphere that Onyx was the gateway to. The main mistake they made with the Dyson sphere is that they assumed the star at the centre is similar to our own sun. Most Dyson spheres use either dwarf stars or artificial stars. Not to mention that the Forerunners may have used some sort of containment shielding to make the habitable zone closer to the star.

The second was the discussion over the entire Forerunner civilisation and race dying out, and that since they were on multiple planets the whole race wouldn't ever die. They seem to forget that the Flood took over the galaxy, and that the remaining Forerunners then built superweapons that destroyed all sentient life in the galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back