There any members in the Georgia area who can help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MystcDragon

Okay so after two failed attempts at trying to get some armor built for me one of which was built but found out parts of it didn't fit I want to take it upon myself with the help of some experienced individuals in armor building who live nearby to help me build my own suit

Hey there! It's awesome to see you are going to take on the task of building your own suit! Our site, here, as all of the resources to do it, and is filled with the knowledge of thousands of people who have done it before.

Now we all have to start somewhere. My first (and currently only) halo build, was done before I even knew anyone in the community. I just wanted a halo suit, so I googled how to build one, and I ended up here. After a ton of research, and the willingness to try new things/ experiment with materials I hadn't used before, I built a suit.

In the past couple months, I've had a couple friends over who also want to build their own suits. They realized pretty quickly that I wasn't going to hold their hand through the whole ordeal. They are more than welcome to come over to use my shop, use my tools, and drink my beer though! I am there to help them out, show them tricks, and get them back on track if hey have issues with something, but I'm not going to show them literally every step of the way.

What I'm getting at, is that at the end of the day, it is you who will have to build the suit. Having someone there to help you out on occasion is good, but not necessary. I would recommend doing lots of reading here. I would recommend reading build threads in the new recruit forum. You get to see the materials that other members use, what issues they run into, and how to overcome those issues. Now keep in mind, you might have to filter out some of the good methods from the bad. More research will help you out with that. For example. When I built my helmet, it was fairly common to use rondo to give it strength (mixture of polyester resin and bondo brand body filler). It was the worst decision I made regarding my suit. It's heavy, brittle, and fragile. If I had taken a little extra time to get comfortable using fiberglass, I would be far happier with it. So take everything you read with a grain of salt. There is no set method that is perfect, and there are parts of the build that you will have to figure out for yourself. Don't be afraid to ask questions on here as well!

Good luck with your build!

Last edited:
Craft Nights are a thing we like to hold at our place and they generally devolve into people laying on the floor and watching YouTube but those few hours of shop/sewing room/3D design time that the group has together is a solid learning experience for everyone involved.

It might not be strictly Halo related due to who lives geographically close to you but there's most likely a crew of cosplayers that are willing to share a workspace and teach some techniques in exchange for learning others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back