These are what you need for moldmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishSpartan

Okay guys im not so sure if these Q: have been asked before... But here they come anyways!
These questions are for smoothon products.
NOTE: I will add the answers below as well, so that other people can see them (that is when you guys answer the Q:)

THANKS FOR THE ANSWERS!

Q: What type of a liquid smoothon rubber is the best suited making my armor?
A:Rebound 25 is the the most noob-accessible silicone rubber to use. It's a brushable type and does not require a mold box.

Q: How much do i need for a helmet piece?
A:You need to apply 4 coats of it so, maybe a little over half a gallon?

Q: Are there any release agents needed? And what would be the best one for my needs?
A: Not usually. Silicone hardly sticks to anything (besides other silicone) but a mold release agent is still recommended to prolong the life of the mold. For that, you can use any mold release spray.

Q: When i want to cast it, What would be the best suitable (smoothon) liquid plastic?
A: I remember in one video, Adam recommended Smooth-On Roto.

-Finnish

PS. if anyone knows a moldmaking tutorial it would be great... you dont have to post it, im going to search 1st.

Finnish_Spartan said:
Q: What type of a liquid smoothon rubber is the best suited making my armor?
Rebound 25 is the the most noob-accessible silicone rubber to use. It's a brushable type and does not require a mold box.

Q: How much do i need for a helmet piece?
You need to apply 4 coats of it so, maybe a little over half a gallon?

Q: Are there any release agents needed? And what would be the best one for my needs?
Not usually. Silicone hardly sticks to anything (besides other silicone) but a mold release agent is still recommended to prolong the life of the mold. For that, you can use any mold release spray.

Q: When i want to cast it, What would be the best suitable (smoothon) liquid plastic?
I remember in one video, Adam recommended Smooth-On Roto.

EDIT: BTW, I don't know if you're doing a simple glove mold or one with parting line(s) but you're going to need something to create a mother mold around it. If you're sticking with Smooth-On, don't forget to get Plasti-Paste.

Last edited by a moderator:
iamyourcousin228 said:
sure heres a mold makin tut tut

by Adam and he gives the list of the right stuff.
Are you sure about this link? It shows a paintball product, not a tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back