Soft Parts This A Question For All The Dudettes Of T3h 405th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long haired guys FTW

Yous said it brother Wooot!! We are going to rock this entire Infantry Division down to its knee armor, especially us Helljumpers since we always make a crash landing.

I am going to buy a turtleneck thingy hopefully this week as soon as I get more resin of course.

-Pony

Last edited by a moderator:
I have long hair, I would think if I do ever manage to finish a helmet I'll probably use a racing balaclava or something similar. Ya'll can get em cheap and it might cover your neck too which is like an added bonus ^^

Of course I'm not a girl, I'm a machine, everybody knows that.
BUT I do have long hair.
I'd just get a full face balaclava type thing, Like a ski mask thing.

i normally put mine up into a mid level ponytail/bun (think samurai ball thingy) and i have a little space cut out of the padding in the back which it fits into. really easy to set up and your hair doesn't get covered in neck sweat when you end up roasting in the costume

:)

Cut it. I used to have an afro-dealio, and living under the lid was a sort of hell.

Getting it cut really helps make it more tolerable.

I'm so old fashioned...

I say if you're wearing a military type outfit, act the part. Hair and all ;)

Pff, screw that. I've taken five years to grow my hair this long, ain't geting it cut any time soon.

Usually I'd just tie it up in a bandanna and then slip a balaclava over it, or just use a ponytail.

my hair is medium length or compared to yours pretty short, but its impressively short and even though in a football helmet my head fits in a medium my hair makes it incredibly painful so i had to get a buzz cut, they thought about going up a size, then it was to big, but yea i just cut it short, its the same with my dirtbike helmit and since im putting motorcycle padding in my odst helmet i assume it will be the same there to

I don't have a helmet yet,but I'd probably wear it some variation of how I do it for inspection.

1. Pull it up in a ponytail (low, middle, high - its your choice)
2. hold the end off your pony tail and twist until it begins to wrap around itself. (I hope thats not confusing.)
3. Wrap the twist hair around the base of your ponytail and ad another hair tie or two
4. Add more hair ties, bony pins or hair pins as needed

That creates an easy small bun. Its how I wear it for JROTC. Depending on the length or your hair and how much hair you have, that might fit into your helmet.

Actually if your gonna wear a hood or belaclava under your helmet it might be better to put it in a loose low ponytail or something...

I don't know. When I finish my helmet I'll have to experiment with it.

Back when I was in the military I had a few different hair lengths, and of course, had to meet very strict uniform requirements- especially when in Iraq and doing convoys.
The easiest way is to learn to french braid and do two braids down your scalp- spaced evenly and slightly to the sides running towards the nape of your neck.
Doing the tight bun towards the nape of your neck and wrapping the hair around it does work, but it really is easier to braid it and wrap it around the bun to keep strands from falling out.
If your hair is super long, just pull strands of it back through your braids to layer it, kind of in a way making padding around your head with your hair.
Have you thought about cutting out a little of your helmets padding to make like a fitting area to help hold your hair?

I dnt have hair problems anymore. Iraq helped me decide to shave my head. And yes, Im a girl.

dmage dame said:
Back when I was in the military I had a few different hair lengths, and of course, had to meet very strict uniform requirements- especially when in Iraq and doing convoys.
The easiest way is to learn to french braid and do two braids down your scalp- spaced evenly and slightly to the sides running towards the nape of your neck.
Doing the tight bun towards the nape of your neck and wrapping the hair around it does work, but it really is easier to braid it and wrap it around the bun to keep strands from falling out.
If your hair is super long, just pull strands of it back through your braids to layer it, kind of in a way making padding around your head with your hair.
Have you thought about cutting out a little of your helmets padding to make like a fitting area to help hold your hair?

I dnt have hair problems anymore. Iraq helped me decide to shave my head. And yes, Im a girl.

yeah I've done some different stuff before..or rather my mom has for me. I'm almost out of highschool and she still plays with my hair every chance she gets. I try not to give her the chance, which is why I do the bun thing for inspection. Me + Braiding hair = EPIC FAIL

My hairs to my shoulderblades so if the bun thing doesn't work I can wear it like I would with a wig. Pull it into a loose poytail and pull that over myhead pinning it into place. It would work if I wear a hood too. The braiding sounds like a great idea for somone with really long hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever heard of Bedhead* the hair gel? When I had a mohawk it would work pretty well for a 12" tall hawk, so maybe, if you gel your hair like bondo with the Bedhead* it might hold well.
But thats just speculation. I wont be able to test that theory for atleast a year or so.

Huh, I didn't come here in a long time.

Lots of good stuff here.

I should post a pic of my hair later on.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back