THIS IS THE LAST STRAW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is quoted from that site.

"There is no government mandate to show ID when seeing or buying an R-rated movie, and there is no reason to hold video games to higher scrutiny."

Bull crap!!! Why then do I, AGE 25, get carded going into movie theaters to see an R rated movie? Once in a while, they even card me when buying an R rated movie or M rated game. Problem is not the system but those that cheat that system. Technically, most of the people on this site shouldn't even be able to play HALO let alone buy it, but how you might ask does this still occur? Well, cause parents with no will power or plain just don't see anything wrong with it buy the games for their underage kids. I'll give you that Halo is not one of the worst games as far as blood and gore go, but violence is abundant. This system works and I'm living proof, but a system only works when you follow the rules.

Sorry for the rant, but that's just how I feel.

23Magnum said:
This is quoted from that site.

"There is no government mandate to show ID when seeing or buying an R-rated movie, and there is no reason to hold video games to higher scrutiny."

Bull crap!!! Why then do I, AGE 25, get carded going into movie theaters to see an R rated movie? Once in a while, they even card me when buying an R rated movie or M rated game. Problem is not the system but those that cheat that system. Technically, most of the people on this site shouldn't even be able to play HALO let alone buy it, but how you might ask does this still occur? Well, cause parents with no will power or plain just don't see anything wrong with it buy the games for their underage kids. I'll give you that Halo is not one of the worst games as far as blood and gore go, but violence is abundant. This system works and I'm living proof, but a system only works when you follow the rules.

Sorry for the rant, but that's just how I feel.
The whole ID thing with movies is actually a rule passed by the MPAA, which is a private corporation that doesn't directly report to the government, but I see what you mean and whole-heartedly agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods could you delete this topic as it was not started by me but my friend who used my account when i was at work

thank you

My parents bought me Halo, halo 2, and halo 3. My dad enjoys the games. So do I.

They bought me Gears of War. Fun game - my dad enjoys GoW, so do I.

Oblivion. Originally "T", now "M". Bought for me by my parents - the box says "T" even though it was bought after the change in rating.

With a fake ID, you could get into an R movie if you're 14. Or if you're really tall and have a mustache (yay!), you might look older and won't be carded.

Technically, I think we need to worry more about parents buying ciggies and stuff for their underage kids over who should and shouldn't be playing halo...

Wouldn't regulating games be sort of unconstitutional? (not that your american government really cares about that sort of thing anymore)

Anymore? When did the US government ever care?

Look at the Founding Fathers. They smoked, drank, and owned slaves. Land of the Free... unless you live here.

Ragnarok118 said:
actually cause of media today. kids are SO desensitized to violence, sex, drugs that it makes me sick
WE PLAY HALO!

I really wish everyone would open their eyes and look at the bigger picture here. I mean, atleast acknowledge this clue: Your Xbox controller, when turned horizontally, looks and fits in your hand like the handle and trigger of a gun. The Right Trig being the trigger. Its the same way we hold weapons.

CCMM (Corporate Controlled Mass Media), which I sure have studied the human psyche and its reactions with foreign elements, have to know that human mentality does not come without adaptation. Our minds adapt to anything, whether is is happening as an experience or we are viewing it on our screens, it is still desensitization. Anything we see our hear for the first time EVER desensitizes us for the next time around.

I take very serious thought when it comes to corporate symbolism. Bungie, for example. When you load your xbox with halo 2, at first you see a microscopic view of thousands of cells, which zoom out to a greater image of our world, which then is sheathed by the bungie banner.

Microsoft is one of the very top front runners of CCMM.

Believe.

Time will prove it either way.

(ps I high doubt the US gov is out to ban video games. Regardless of the age proof when purchasing games - which is for other reasons, Microsoft is a large company with heavy donations in the money flow, non the less some heavy patents on projects merged with government agencies. Any runners of that site above are probably a sect (maybe federal but unlikely) who are probably moral activists founded by soccer moms and daddy nannys, who'd like to control what their children and their friends engage in daily. This will get no where)

Actually, the Xbox 360 controller does not 'fit like a gun'. I love airsoft and paintball. My airsoft armory includes a G17, Sig552, M4A1, P99, and an AUG - at least half of them being accurate replicas of the real thing. Other airsoft weapons I've used are a Desert Eagle, .375 revolver, M14, Dragunov, AK-47, M1911, G36, several various issues of the MP series (i.e. MP5, MP5K, MP7), a PSG-1, a Mac11, and a USP. A friend of mine has several replica firearms, many of which are of the same models (or similar) to our airsoft weaponry - I have compared the two to be quite similar. NONE of the weapons - real or fake - that I have ever held feels at all like the Xbox 460 controller.

I have seen horror films, I have seen action films, I have played Halo, I have seen pictures of dead bodies (shot, raped, knifed, etc.), I have heard real and prop ('blank') guns firing. Despite these experiences, I am not 'desensitized'. I oppose violence in life, I oppose real firearms, and I am still shocked when I see injured sick or dying persons.

'Corporate Symbolism' cannot be attributed to their 'domination'. Bungie's 'cells' are, if I remember correctly, hexagonal - not the shape of any currently known cell (not to my knowledge, anyway). What's your internet browser? Your Bungie argument is equally as stupid as saying that Firefox is exerting 'control' because there is a fire fox orbiting (and covering) most of Earth. As a graphics student, 'Corporate Symbolism' is designed to stick in your mind - something catchy or interesting to catch your attention and help you remember the company - NOT to dominate the minds of people by 'Company Controlled Mass Media'. Corporate Symbolism is unavoidable, and frankly the only company that could be associated with CCMM is McDonald's.

I love airsoft, military simulation and an avid supporter of the 2nd amendment.

Guns are what keep our country safe and unsafe...

Video Games are made for ENTERTAINMENT! You think RockStar really put in their Hot Cofee mod to expose little kids to sex? NO! They put it in to ENTERTAIN!

End story:

Video Games rule.
Airsoft rules.

Death sucks.
360 controllers feel nothing like a weapon, unless you happen to be retarded (no offense to mentally retarded people, but Jesus)
Death is part of the natural life cycle...take it as that, we're all going to die.

What people dont realize is that it isnt the video game that causes people to go psycho, its their own damn stupidity. People just pick on video games because it is a new industry and is an easy target/scapegoat. i guarantee that 90 percent of the US' problems would be solved it parents these days werent such pussies when it comes to discipline, and all these crimes blamed on video games have nothing to do with video games at all.

abandonship said:
What people dont realize is that it isnt the video game that causes people to go psycho, its their own damn stupidity. People just pick on video games because it is a new industry and is an easy target/scapegoat. i guarantee that 90 percent of the US' problems would be solved it parents these days werent such pussies when it comes to discipline, and all these crimes blamed on video games have nothing to do with video games at all.
i love you :eek:
joking XDDDDDDD

Kill Jack Thompson!!!

But no if the gov tried to ban vid games I think my plot to overthrow the US goverment with my armed militia will have to speed up to within the next year.

But yeah in all seriousness they can't do this, or else they will have alot of pissed off gamers, that and a overjoyed Jack Thompson, and they may even kill his state bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back