this is why im starting to hate halo reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varsity

sorry for the ramble.

the banning system in reach has got to STOP. so i'm playing invasion:spire and i have the plasma launcher. I start to charge it up at a passing warthog i then shoot the warthog but then by all means at the same time i shoot my teammate gets in front of me. i betray him accidentally of course i get booted and i am now banned from matchmaking. I know that its just noobs because i accidentally kill them automatic boot before i can say sorry. The booting system has to stop on halo reach. Not where you cant boot so you kill your buddies for fun, but where you cant do any harm to teammates this make make matchmaking far more better.

- wolf

Reminds me of the old punishment system in BF2. It was horrible when some noob masked your fire when your shooting in a doorway and you end up popping him. Before you can say "Oops, sorry, but don't mask my fire", you've been booted and your out of the game.

YEAH, especially that crap where if you leave a certain number of times you get a 15 minute ban. It even counts if the game laggs out, and everyone disconnects. One time everyone else left, and then i left because no-one else was there, and then bam, 10 min. ban. Also, i hate when noobs try to get teamkilled so they can ban people. Like evading "rolling in front of my warthog somewhere i cant swerve" and sniping "walking right in front of my scope while im sniping!", not to mention jumping on my grenades.

Wow... makes me really glad to not play publicly online. I keep my matches Private. As we Link system only.

How do you get the ban from matchmaking? and can't you have friendly fire removed?

omfg im about to throw my reach disk away along with my halo collection! im playing invasion:spire and someguys guest thinks its funny to throw a plasma grenade on me. i dont get the betray option. then he keeps bringing down my health and shield then kills me. so i get pissed off and i want revenge so i betray him and *black screen* -blam!- noobs i am now banned from matchmaking because of the -blam!- up system in halo reach.

agreed. also. I was on a hot streak this past week and I got banned for "boosting" because I won too many credits........ its ridiculous.

@Jester it's a temporary ban and if FF was off there would be some rather cheap things that you could do (say sticking a teammate and running into a room full of enemies or shooting someone point blank with a rocket launcher)

@ Everyone else the system was even stricter when reach came out and they reverted to something more similar to H3's kicking system. The disonection ban is for the most part a good thing so if someone QQ's (rage quits) a ton there is a penalty.
I've thouroghly enjoyed the matchmaking and haven't had any bans as of yet so maybe I'm biased but I don't see much of a problem with it.

Also, @got armour that is why I hate the plasma launcher

Mostly unrelated note (this'l be in my file share soon) Me and my brother (my guest) were playing big team battle when our ENTIRE team quit. We procceeded to win the match by hiding till enemy teamkilling ensued. Despite winning (cheaply albeit though in our defense the enemy team just sniper camped for us or drove in circles, didn't actually go looking too much) I'm always angry when my team quits so I've been pleased by so few people quitting comparative to H3.

if i remember correctly, in the beta there was a three strikes rule for teamkilling where after your third kill there was the choice to boot.

I feel your pain. You play a fair honest game only to have some jack--- jump in front of your rocket and boot you from the game within seconds. No credits, no appology, no nothing. At best you'll get a message from the player calling you any number of vulgarities and making negative sexual comments. I have been betrayed more times than I care to count, and have never had the option to boot another player. I wish there was a better way... I now will no longer play any "team" style games. It just isnt any fun.

agreed. also. I was on a hot streak this past week and I got banned for "boosting" because I won too many credits........ its ridiculous.

Its like every time I own some noob that means "I must be hacking" especially when I own some noob thats using a lagg switch, and supposedly " i would have to hack to be able to beat them if they're already cheating" Just because im better dosent mean that i need to cheat to do better than them, maybe they just arent the best player in the world. My other problem is that its always some dumb squeaker who dosent even know how to play, ie. Shooting at a hologram and calling hax if it dissapears.

Lol, key to hollowgrams, they don't have gamertags. ;) I got a temporary ban , which was for quiting to many games, dang lag, and stupid noobs, but even then 15 minutes ban, not that bad. Play a campaign mission or a quick pirvate firefight match while you wait. Problem solved. I got booted because i accedently splatered a team mate, put the breaks to late, oops. But, me and my gunner where under heavey fire, i wasn't gona stop for a passanger any way, then all 3 of us would have been dead, i tried to get the hell out of there, and that idiot jumped in front my dang Hog. Sucks, alot, but i wasn't banned so i was ok :).

I think they should do what EA did, keep them six year olds from screwin up our games. Some people just need to hit their children, or at least stop havin so many just because the government basically pays them too.

I think they should do what EA did, keep them six year olds from screwin up our games. Some people just need to hit their children, or at least stop havin so many just because the government basically pays them too.

agreed on both arguments

agreed. i have been booted while trying to drive a wraith, a ghost, and a worthog. the people stood in front of me completely knowledgeable, this has to be fixed.

Noobs are either cheating, or being annoying. Especially since in reach they made it so easy to boost. There's also a lot of annoying things in invasion. ie, Noobs stealing power weapons, because for some reason their team gets to them first. Camping spawns, (with power weapons) the overpowered shotgun, horrible spawns, overpowered scorpion, ultra over powered needler.

My friend tries to get team killed when someone grabs the wraith a second before he does. He either gets to them kill him or screws over their vehicle. I agree to any way of getting rid of people under the age of at least 12 on xbox live.

Yes, the whole ban thing is quite annoying. I'm a little sick of it always telling me "quit another game and you'll be banned temporarily", when I don't even quit the games! It's either because the server lags us all out, or like everyone has the same problem of some noob screwing you over. And I have to completely agree about the young kids not being on Xbox Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back