This one needs some help from the PC experts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioactiveMicrobe

So, I have problem that I'm sure many experts have had to deal with before.

Starcraft 1 in fullscreen.

It runs just fine....in a puny little window in the center surrounded by black.

I'm running it on a laptop in XP.

some things I've tried and failed at;

1. Running under compatibility in Windows NT and in 640x480
2. running desktop in 640x480
3. running in 256 colors with all of the stuff listed above.

So I've done some research and there are some answers here.
1. Starcraft 1 runs in 640x480 resolution only. It is a limitation that is probably because it is a rather old game.
2. If you have an nvidia video card, there are options to go fullscreen in the driver options window.
3. Unfortunately you are running starcraft on XP. There is a way to fix it on vista, but of course that is no help to you

did you download a copy off the internet or buy the game yourself. windows xp runs starcraft natively at 640x480 but will always run it in full screen when not tampered with. also check your application settings see if that works.

If you change your resolution to 640x480 it should be fine, it won't look like it would if it was at a higher resolution, but it can't do that anyway.

The only drawback is changing your resolution changes the size of everything displayed, so expect enormous desktop icons at 640x480, but you would simply have to switch between your default resolution and 640x480 when you are and aren't playing the game.

Well...the lowest the resolution it goes is 800x600. Which I'm quite surprised by, since the laptop is near ancient.

It's a laptop, and from what I've heard, they are notorious for fullscreen problems in Starcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back