This weekend I get to embark on a journey every parent dreams of. I'm turning my daughter into a grunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBraus

Hi, I'm Braus, you may no me from other builds such as "the TRASHCAN" and that's pretty much it.

Me and the wife finally convinced our daughter to dress up as a grunt for comicpalooza, so half of my group is going to consist of Kaylee from Firefly, a halo Grunt, and a walking trashcan with a minigun on its side. Group cosplays are the best.

IMG_20200122_173005754.jpg

I have checked my foam reserves and I have 10 sheets of Eva. I am gonna eyeball and spitball this build because it's for a child and I'm going to be using this opportunity to work on my foam slicing.

Friday can't get here soon enough.

Scrolling down and saw that title, I thought it was going to be a something sweet and cheesy like Im having a Daughter. Stopped and actually read it and ended up chuckling pretty hard at work lol.

In all seriousness, turning a child into a grunt should be everyones goal as a parent. Congratulations! Youre doing it!

Discord ate first.

IMG_20200124_141253981.jpg
IMG_20200124_142553615.jpg
IMG_20200124_160408888.jpg
IMG_20200124_165403752.jpg
IMG_20200124_170845472.jpg

I tried going off of a grunt photo but this is the first time I've actually went this deep with EVA foam. I'm not using pep, I'm not using a pattern. I've just got a ruler and a heat gun and a knife.

I am eyeballing the hell out of this thing and I dare say it looks close enough that at 50' Master Chief might soil himself with laughter.

IMG_20200124_165435_01.jpg

Who cares what that old Spartan thinks. As long as the kid is happy, that's all that matters.

Aaahhhhh so satisfying

Didn't need that hair anyways.

This is my first time properly dipping into EVA for a costume And for fleshing things out I didn't realize it was this "easy". I do a lot of material work by trade and it sortof works with foam. There will be some efficiency issues and some wasted foam, but by and large I think I can make this work.

Didn't need that hair anyways.

This is my first time properly dipping into EVA for a costume And for fleshing things out I didn't realize it was this "easy". I do a lot of material work by trade and it sortof works with foam. There will be some efficiency issues and some wasted foam, but by and large I think I can make this work.
I cant tell you how many times ive burnt my thumb gluing foam, that my big issue. Theres a little bit of a learning curve with foam but man when it clicks, it clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back