Thoughts and ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainKrole

Jr Member
I need some help.
For the past few days, I've been toying with the idea of suit cooling. I've read a lot about how hot it can get inside a suit and have been racking my brain for ideas. In my search for inspiration, i noticed someone posted a video for a self cooling device. I dont remember who posted it but it got the gears in my head turning.
The cooling device used a Thermoelectric cooler, a heat sink, and a fan. The idea was that you have the cool side of the cooler on your skin, and the hot side had a fan to keep the hot side from overheating. This is where i started to think. Ive always toyed with the idea to cool yourself in a suit with water nd tubing.
What i came up with uses the thermoelectric cooler. And basically it uses a water block on the cool side to cool water passing through, on the hot side is a heat sink to cool it down.
But I've encountered a few problems:
Size:
I don't want this device to be too large because i wouldn't be able to hide it effectively unless i find some kind of attachment as a decoration to cover it.
Power:
My main problem. I'm not an electronics expert. I don't really know much at all. So I don't know how much power all of this needs and what all needs to be done to wire it all together.
Cooling:
I have no idea what kind of heat sink I would need to cool the hot side. Again its a matter of size. I'm not sure if it needs a large heat sink or not and if it does. It could be a problem.

I could possibly make it detachable from the suit and you just plug it in every once and a while to cool down for a bit. But this is just an idea I've had that seems to be the most feasible one I've encountered.
If anyone has any input please tell me. I am open to suggestions and ideas. Is this even possible? Or am I just crazy?

Oh wow, that helps a lot. Answers a lot of questions and stuff. I've been trying to find ideas on here for forever and I've seen the 3rd one but not the other two lol. Thank you gain for the help.

your welcome. I only have these so handy because I've got to build something similar and needed these reference material myself. Good luck on your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back