three armors, our first armor builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipinacan

So my friend, my older brother and I are starting our armors, older brother being a weta odst I believe, friend's being recon, and mine being a scout because you just don't see enough of them!

Not to much as far as progress, we do have the biceps and forearms done on the scout suit, they just weren't at the house when I took the photos today :/

Odst, done by my brother

2r61nrr.jpg

Recon, done by my friend Brian

23tjb78.jpg

Both helms at my house, plus a bit of the back of my chest piece

152ykvp.jpg

And my chest over a chair

e8u16q.jpg

Hopefully I'll have more soon, but it's a start! :D

yeah, but for our first shot we're pretty content with them lol. We might redo them if we happen to all get done before reach, but honestly I don't think we have the skill to finish by then

yeah, I felt so proud when I finally folded all of those, but the little section above it is missing a piece right now, the dog came over and played clean up cardstock :(

right now there are 7 missing pieces, so just gonna have to reprint once I see everything thats missing....-sigh-

yeah we did that on the helms, but my brother thought it'd make things faster, and I'm not gonna get mad at him for TRYING to help out lol

but did a bit more on my chest before work

wsa60y.jpg

Update!!! didn't want to double post, but the edit button is not saving for me. I let it sit on saving for 20 minutes before giving up

So, 36 hours a week at work plus classes 6 days a week has been kickin me in the behind pretty bad, but today I grinded my teeth, drove to starbucks and managed to finish pepping my chest and putting the first coat of resin on it! :D

51yc1z.jpg

scygzs.jpg

28tp4n.jpg

Gonna get pics of the ODST helm progress in a few, not the best pep work on it, but I think I'll be able to make it work (13 yr old brother blued most of it :( but I did my best to fix it)
Once the resin is done drying it's time to break out the big guns!!!!

x5s5f6.jpg

154y82p.jpg

Resin with fiberglass in it?! DOUBLE THE FUN!!!!! thats what my shirt pic was supposed to mean, but mirrors these days.....

Tiny update, but Brian dropped off his recon helmet at my house and I played with it lol

15x0305.jpg

foobwj.jpg

not a very important update lol but it was fun, gonna fiberglass this thing as soon as I can

Trying to not double post, but if this doesn't work I'm gonna

Not a big update, but brother threw bondo at his helmet and asked me to sand it lol so a bunch of elbowgrease and the top part is turning smooth, but I may have to redo the bondo when I'm done

2nrlqiw.jpg

Double posting again :/ can't even get the advanced reply to work, BUT this past weekend I have realized how amazing bondo can save a awful pep job, as you can see through these progressing pictures :D

Helmet's almost ready for paint, but ran out of bondo and need to get some more for the last little fix ups!

Warping, not lined up, bad pepping lol all over

hsw5zb.jpg

with the undersuit

e06gc7.jpg

bondo bondo bondo bondo, AHH to much bondo!

174783.jpg

Elbowgrease to the MAX!!!!!

35kmtsi.jpg

looking not as bad! I think I saved it very well, not perfect, but a ton better than the start :D

2d0xqpl.jpg

I made that helmet using the same file. I didnt even try to save it, it was to much. i think there is a design flaw in it that makes it warp and bend and some of those parts are just insane. Nice job on the save, man.

Updating again with a double post :/

BUUUUTTTT all in all, working maybe sometimes on weekends we're almost done with two helmets for halloween!

ODST helmet is first, needs some paint touch up, needs the damage scraped off, and visor tint but looking somewhat decent for the first helm, with warpage and everything

wi33mc.jpg

mtnex0.jpg

and our recon helmet, slightly less warped, and needs finer details and a visor but lookin awesome!

fwn2bl.jpg

2jxohh.jpg

2mctwyh.jpg

vs1h5k.jpg

looking good there!
im digging the battle damage look on your recon!

and man you did a good job with all that sanding! thats some serious work :D

looking good there!
im digging the battle damage look on your recon!

and man you did a good job with all that sanding! thats some serious work :D

Thanks Ace!

yeah honestly if an elbow could get ripped, mine should be by now lol not to mention it was about 114 F outside in Texas at the time, but I have to say they're no where near your kat or chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back