Tips for make my own halo suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDarkness

Hey!!! What's up!
I was wondering if some of you people can give me somo tips to get started in all this thing of making your own costume like... where to get the materials or how to do the armor, foam... or paper???
the helmet with paper and the suit with foam... please, I need your help and if it can be

what you are suggesting is very possible. foam is best for armor (sometimes), paper is best for helmets.
if you make a foam helmet, it can look bobbleheaded because of the thickness of the foam, and you'd need to compensate for foam thickness, and add another 5-10% to the scale.

so...paper helmet, foam armor.

I'd also suggest doing a test armor part that you can experiment with.
Say you want to try out woodburning foam, or layering craft foam: try on a test-piece to see how you like it.

regarding materials, assuming you live in the US, you can get foam sheets from Harbor Freight for $9.50 for 4 sheets, that's the cheapest I've seen.

So, materials for foam armor;
Hot Glue gun, sticks (Hobby Lobby) $30 (ish)
EVA foam (Harbor Freight) $9.50
snap-off razor blade (Hobby Lobby) $12 (ish)
Craft Foam (2 different thicknesses) (Hobby Lobby) $1.50 per sheet (ish) it says 'silly winks' on the package. Don't get deterred because of the kiddy name, you'll need this stuff.

off the top of my head, that's all I can think of...

yo!, tanks man, thank for your comment, now the problem is that I dont exactly in the US... I live in Peru... down in south america, but thanks anyway, I'll keep it in mind

If you have no experience with foam you should definitely go ahead and watch Andrew DFT's ODST tutorial. He has multiple tips and tricks that apply to foamwork in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back