today is the day i start my helmet **1/7/08**

Status
Not open for further replies.
woot my mom just brought me to ac moore to buy cardstock paper they didnt have 110 = ( but i got 65.. hope its good enough but i just started printing it pics will be up tomarrow. :)

This thread is useless without pics...

I don't want to be mean but couldn't you have waited until you had the pics, to start the topic...?
But good luck anyway and make sure to put detail into it!!

I wouldnt try that helmet if this is your first pepjob, that helmet is for experienced people only, the skill required to make it is not for newbs. You may not be one, but I am just warning you incase you are ;p

well ill try my best on this helmet i like more detailed stuff i dont like when there is nothing on it but this is my best shot. tomarrow after school pictures will be posted .

Well, you either need patience, or skill.

And if you have no skill, then a helluvalot of patience :p

good luck dude. Hope to see some nice progress pics

go with the FS model for the helmet, take your time, be exact in your motions, don't rush. if you get frustrated, walk away, its not going to get up and run away you know. remember more work up front, less work down the road.

Start with the chin area first to get the hard part done, chin took me 4-5 hours to do, then I waied till the next day to start on the back and top.

AoBfrost said:
Start with the chin area first to get the hard part done, chin took me 4-5 hours to do, then I waied till the next day to start on the back and top.
good lordy! the chin? i left that till last! i started with the back, then did the top n then the chin. when r you guna post some pics of it bdw? or are you waitin till its totaly finished?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never show WIP pictures if anything, I'm waiting till spring when warmer to finish all my helmet and AR, so I wont be showing pics for a long time.

frost do you have a kerosene space heater? ive been resin in my garabe with the temp up to like 80, while its been down into the twenties outside

No, I have a heat coil heater with those swirled heat elements in them, but I dont feel like taking it out to my garage, plus, there are cars parked in there.

well are the cars in movable condition? cuz you could move them out and resin air it out and then pull the cars back in

LOL. OMg you guys are brutal. I'd say take your time and post progress as you go. Everyone here would love to give you tips when they see your progress. I might take a little extra time though and get the 110 lbs paper before you spend all that time and effort making it. Just my 2 cents buddy...

Be patient and do the best you can.

why whats the diffrence between 110 and 65.. plus i went to 3 diffrenct stores none of them had 110 so i grabed 65 plus i printed and started cuting them right now im cuting out the top of the helmet then the back then the jaw 1 more page till top is all cut out

flying_squirl said:
good lordy! the chin? i left that till last! i started with the back, then did the top n then the chin. when r you guna post some pics of it bdw? or are you waitin till its totaly finished?

i rather wait till im finished or at least half way done just alot of cutting out to do... but o well hope this comes out good

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back