Too lazy to start a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingSpartan7

Here's the current state of my various projects:

I've scrapped my old N6 build. it has been falling apart for quite some time and I'm planning to rebuild it soon out of EVA foam.

Foam is the best material. Ever. Of all time.

My ODST is underway (another rebuild) and I've completed:
-torso base
-belt/cod
-thigh
-knee
-shin
-chestplate
It's a little on the backburner at the moment, but I'll get back ASAP.

Mostly the same for Dark Samus, which is more of a LTP (long term project), so I'm not in a rush to finish it. There's a section I built which I need to go back and re-do. blegh.

At the moment, I'm focused on a Reach Trooper which is an excellent speed build for anyone who needs a Halo costume quickly! The templates (foam) are A4/Letter compatible and easy to understand and build - though some modification is required for an ideal fit.

Also, I now have lots more useful power tools! Rotary tools, heat guns and jigsaws are all now part of my prop-building inventory.

P.S. - I now have a DMR sitting on my desk! (half painted)

CJ

sweet man only how did you manage to make the shin out of EVA foam, i've got almost a whole suit of helljumper but i don't have the shin's can you walk me through it.

foxleader;bt6350 said:
sweet man only how did you manage to make the shin out of EVA foam, i've got almost a whole suit of helljumper but i don't have the shins. can you walk me through it?
The file I'm using is the WETA ODST shin file, which I made (one) from pep and had sitting around for a while.

the other copy i still hadn't assembled yet, so i took the major pep sections and glued them together to make my own templates for EVA. trace on foam. cut.

once i had two sets of foam parts (usually flip templates for L/R - but this is symmetrical) i (hot)glued the back half together. upon consideration, it probably would have been better to bevel the edges before doing this. i then used a heat gun to shape it and form it to the right shape around my leg. the front, i beveled and (hot) glued it together.

webbing and buckles to join them together.

it's mostly a lot of improvising, and that's the real trick when working with foam.

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back