Totally legit question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, just call it a ranger version. Either way, I always liked light red(not pink) :) Many females cosplay as men. I see no reason why men shouldn't cosplay as women sometimes. Of course, good taste is key, but thats subjective for each person.

nope, its all about "you do you". there's no shadowy gatekeeping "cosplay council" that you must kneel in front of and present your idea for judgement, its just people making what they want and sharing their process so others can learn and give feedback. So if you wanna strap up as a female spartan, than you go right ahead, just make sure to make a build thread here so we can see your progress!

Also, just for the record, the official live action halo reach commercial had a male stuntman in Kat's armour, so i think that more than answers your question.

Go for it, I'm sure no-one would mind. And even if they do for some weird reason, I think it's more important that you feel the most comfortable in the armor you've build for so long as possible :)

For those of us with slighter or skinnier builds, the Female Reach armor might even fit better.

Now, if you use the Female Reach armor, a lot of people will assume you are a girl, but that's no reason not to do it. Just something to keep in mind.

For the 405th's optional Deployment Process, gender, age, race, whatever, does not matter or factor into the evaluation of your costume, if you want to pursue it. All we care about it how good you look in the armor.

TBH it really is up to you. Male or female Spartans, they look very similar anyway and often people can mistake someone for another.
If you make smaller armor, people think it's a female. Make a bulkier armor - it looks more masculine.
Often it depends on scaling or/and armor design.

The Reach Spartans have almost the same armor - female armor has really just smaller chest and is just scaled smaller. It might be better for slimmer people overall, not just women.
Other than that - it is really more up to you and how you scale your armor - you can achieve the same effect with male armor.

I see most females have smaller chest armors. They just scale them smaller. Be it Reach armor, or any other armor.
From what I have observed guys go into opposite direction - they often do the chest piece too big on the other side.

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes sense. I've been looking over scaling so I can get the entire suit right. I have a pepakura unfold of the male chest armor, but does anyone know where I can find a female one? I went to *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread and could only find an unfolded one, and I went to The Armory and checked out the Reach section and couldn't find it there either.

Thanks, Palmer!! I saw that but wasn't 100% sure if it was for foam use only or if it could also be used for pepakura.

The Zip file in The Armory contains both the standard pep files and the Foam files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back