Transformer Soundwave WIP (PIC HEAVY!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude that looks pretty good!

The only thing I would say is if you want the arms to look like you sketched
you're going to have to scale back the chest a bit and make it a little thinner
otherwise your arms aren't going to be able to fit in the shoulder pieces
because the chest hangs over you shoulders so far. Pull back the shoulders a
bit them you'll be able to have those square shoulders you want!

Looks good man!

Thanks for the idea, but due to the way this frame is built there is no way to make the chest thinner and keep the "square g1 robot" shape that I am trying for. Besides that The original plans that I sketched out last year at Halloween the intentions were to never have my shoulders in the shoulder pieces of the suit. Due to the scale that i am going for, by the time he is complete he will be close to if not bigger than 7ft tall. i am only 5'11" lol

This is the original "BLUEPRINTS" I drew up lol, omg talk about a "from scratch" build. This is all by day I never have a set plan of what I will make it look like. Just one theory ......... ITS A FREAKING 7FT TALL ROBOT".... thatch awesome!
229228_1648095216427_1658355646_1335910_1861427_n.jpg

Keep it up it's looking great! I wish there were some pep files for some transformers...I work at a movie Theatre and wanna wear something for the release of the third film this summer

um i dont know if there is a full suit but i have seen a couple of optimus helmets ill take a look in my lybrary

Sorry its been so long since I posted guys. I went back to work full time after being off for about a month and its been rough working 10 to 12 hours a day. I just come home and eat and go to sleep. Well its been a week now since I have been back to work so I'm getting back in the groove. Today on my day off i wasn't so tired so I decided to do a little bit of test building and start making the shoulders out of cardboard first (so that I don't waste the expensive foam). Well as you can see by this pic I think I am going to have to scale em down a bit. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

222131_1664222699604_1658355646_1358441_2798280_n.jpg

Foam ing it huh? I may just have to watch this one.

By the way, if you look at the 1st season of Gen1 you can notice that Soundwave and optimus' head are the same, just SW's eyes are different and almost goggle like.

By the way, if you look at the 1st season of Gen1 you can notice that Soundwave and optimus' head are the same, just SW's eyes are different and almost goggle like.

Yeah i know i kinda screwed up on the eyes i have a set of red saftey glass lens in there, I just need to recut the holes so that theyre more "gogle like" instead of round. And as far as the resemblence with optimus and soundwave i am making it my own style after searching the net for alot of refrence pics. My have calls me watching trans formers "doing reasearch" LOL im glad she supports my craziness

i have had to paint foam before, (i used to make wargaming tables out of the stuff) and found the best way to seal it ready for being spray painted (spray cans melt foam the same way resin can) was to paint it with emulsion paint mixed with pva glue. the glue allows tiny amounts of flex without cracking, put on a couple of coats and it should be good for anything you want to throw at it, plus it should keep the definition if you build it up in thin coats

Um dude these are not pep at all this is all from scratch foam and cardstock! Unless you're asking where to find Leo files in general

they don't actually have anything in common at all, other than that they both have mouthplates -

soundwave_repaint_cartoon.jpg

OpCartoon1.jpg

I see that the body is scratch made, but looking at the helmet, I was sure that was pepped and I wasn't aware that Transformers files existed.

Naw. Bro that heawass mad from scratch with craft board aka foam bored. And as far as pep files in my hours of research looking for things before doing this build I did manage to come across a few files

Awesome work!

As for pep files I did find links on here before for helmets. Can't remember who posted them and I can't find the page any more but someone will know what I am talking about. He put out a whack of links broken down in colors and lists which files are with which link.

If you want the Optimus and or Megatron I can forward you the link. I believe the original creator of the file is Cabeza, thats the only name I see on there. But if I can find the original page link I will post it here.

So here is a quick update. Redesigned the shoulders and the shoulder I guess you could call them spaulders. I re-scaled them as they were entirely too large. I also did some work not seen here on a surprise project that I have started on which has taken some of my time, but I hope I can reveal it soon.
225257_1678918146981_1658355646_1372907_1362536_n.jpg

229082_1678918306985_1658355646_1372908_2536957_n.jpg

Thank you for all the kind words of encouragement. I already cant wait to finish this one so I can start my Jorge build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back