Transformers armor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osina

I am working on and off on a TFA Shockwave head. The head so far is easy to do but the eye is giving me trouble. I want to make it light up and have it be transparent so I can see out of it. Does anyone have experience in making visors?

I am working on and off on a TFA Shockwave head. The head so far is easy to do but the eye is giving me trouble. I want to make it light up and have it be transparent so I can see out of it. Does anyone have experience in making visors?
Visors can be made in a many different ways, form glasses lenses, plexiglass and windowtint, motercycle visors, vacuum formed plastic and dyed, and many more. It all depends on your resources and how complicated the shape is. If the visor/eves are one way mirrored, it may be hard to get a light to shine through. You could try using an LED hidden outside the visor, or use a fabric to look out of that the led is also behind. Bill Daran from the punished props YouTube channel has a skyrim draugher that may give you an idea. Could you explain your idea a little further on how you want it to end up looking?

Visors can be made in a many different ways, form glasses lenses, plexiglass and windowtint, motercycle visors, vacuum formed plastic and dyed, and many more. It all depends on your resources and how complicated the shape is. If the visor/eves are one way mirrored, it may be hard to get a light to shine through. You could try using an LED hidden outside the visor, or use a fabric to look out of that the led is also behind. Bill Daran from the punished props YouTube channel has a skyrim draugher that may give you an idea. Could you explain your idea a little further on how you want it to end up looking?

Just saw someone who made Cyclops visor that looks like it might work for me also just need to find a tutorial for it. I have a light for it already that would work when put in right. I will look for that video you mentioned also thank you.

A tinted binder divider can make a colored visor in a pinch, a gell sheet (a plastic thing to color lights in theaters), or mirrored sunglass lenses (these are only good for individual eyeballs). Put a tiny led on the surface connected with some thin wire and boom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back