Transparent Gold Film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegan

Is there even a such thing as a 1 way transparent gold film? If so could I get it at a place like Micheal's? Please I need this information!

If you mean gold mirror tint then yes there is, its not as common as black or silver but its out there.

What do you mean by a gold tint? Like for cars and stuff? Is it a paint or a film like tinfoil but transparent?

What do you mean by a gold tint?
I mean an adhesive plastic sheet material, with a gold reflective layer on one side. It gets used on buildings and less commonly cars (mainly only because its not a trendy colour at the moment)

Last edited by a moderator:
so wait, if it is gold-silver-gold, you wouldn't be able to see out of it would you? wouldnt you want gold-silver and adhere it to a vac-formed visor or something? that way you can see out but they cant see in. correct me if i'm wrong though

Autozone or nappa auto parts sell reflective/see through film. It's meant for Cars or RV's, it is sometimes labeled as privacy film, or tint.

no, this is 24 carat gold privacy tint used for office buildings. It is one way. you see out, they see gold. Oh and like I said it is self adhering so no messy chemicals.

Darth-Malevelus said:
go here, this stuff rocks!

http://SOLARGRAPHICS.BIZ/index.asp?PageAct...D&ProdID=57

your looking for gold silver gold metallic film. And its self adhesive.

Darth-Malevelus said:
no, this is 24 carat gold privacy tint used for office buildings. It is one way. you see out, they see gold. Oh and like I said it is self adhering so no messy chemicals.
The description in the link says that this is for an inside installation. Presumably, the OP wants to use this on a face shield so installing the film on the inside is going to be challenging. Wouldn't it be better to use one meant for an outside installation, like this one?

EDIT: Thanks for the link, BTW.

the stuff i got from yipes after asking for a 1 way gold tint was self adhering 1 way see through gold tint. you see out and they see themselfs reflected in gold. its kinda funny when girls come up stare into your visor then start appling makup like your a statue or somthing. then you just yell HEY!!! and the get there lipstick messed up lol.

yes thats the stuff I said to go after the gold/silver/gold

I made a visor for a friend using it, out of a work shop faceshield
I looked pretty nice

This is the stuff I have, they sent me a free sample, I wont be using it as I don't like the colour but, its still pretty good.
Abode Window Films
I havn't tested how much it can be stretched yet though, you want highly conformable stuff.

Darth-Malevelus said:
yes thats the stuff I said to go after the gold/silver/gold
D'oh! I even quoted you on that. :oops:

NZ-TK said:
This is the stuff I have, they sent me a free sample, I wont be using it as I don't like the colour but, its still pretty good.
Abode Window Films
I havn't tested how much it can be stretched yet though, you want highly conformable stuff.
The color of the film in the link looks very nice and really reflective gold so I'm surprised that you don't like it.

Gold vinyl itself should have a see through and a shiny/dull gold side, the see through side is the side you apply to the visor. Sometimes, the adhesive used isnt enough, so a heatgun is beat used with vinyl, it gets a better stick to its surface that way.

Well, Im gonan try Durlaburbans Idea tomorrow because it doesnt involve ordering stuff, but if theres nothing there I would try NZ-TK's film, but, its $40 i believe (Just double the Gb price i think?) and NZ-TK, is the free sample big enough for a visor?

is the free sample big enough for a visor?
depends on the visor I guess, you could probably do a recon visor with it. its about the size of half an A4 sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back