Traxus Heavy Industries Worksite Uniforms

TurboCharizard

RXO and BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Stream Team
Member DIN
S068
During the Covenant occupation of Voi one brave group of human resistance joined the fight with the Master Chief with little more than basic workplace safety training and high visibility PPE to keep them safe while assaulting the AA Gun on the lakeside. These workers at Traxus Factory Complex 9 are woefully underrepresented in the world of Halo cosplays and the 405th Safety Gang would like to address this issue.

The equipment that all factory workers have are simple and easy to replicate.
  1. A high visibility hard hat
  2. Steel toed boots
  3. Coveralls, (white, blue or green depending on trade) short sleeved and emblazoned with the Traxus Heavy Industries logotype on the shoulder and logomark on the right chest panel
  4. A comfortable undershirt either short or long sleeved
  5. Optional work gloves depending on type of work being performed onsite
  6. Whatever UNSC equipment can be used to thwart the Covenant occupation
58478962-Full.jpg

16872968-Medium.jpgETpdZcAWsAI5EQK.jpgimage871.pngimage913.png

Here's a few more close ups on the design of the coveralls and the overall placement of details. The coveralls have no chest pockets and a prominent waistband with two side pockets that meet at the hip of the waistband. The coveralls are short sleeve with a contrasting darker colour hem on the sleeve than the main colour of the primary fabric. Logotype and logomarks are grey on the white variant and black on the green and blue variants. Back pockets and side cargo pockets are visible. A heavily distressed side seam or possibly a contrasting colour stripe runs the length of the underarm seam and the outer leg seam but is covered by the cargo pocket. All workers appear to have heavily worn and distressed fabric which suggest onsite laundry service is not available.
image1053.png

image899.pngimage885.pngimage941.pngimage955.png

For my Traxus Heavy Industries Worksite Uniform I have purchased the following for the utmost style and safety.

Red Kap White Twill Action Back Coverall
A long sleeve coverall with no chest pockets. Trimming these to short sleeve length the removed fabric can be repurposed into the cargo pockets on the legs.

Grey heat transfer vinyl
Logos and details that can be applied to clothing quickly and easily with an iron. I'll be cutting the vinyl using a Cricut machine but you can do the same thing by tracing out your logos and cutting them with a hobby knife. For the cutting patterns I'll be using the following images.

TraxusChestDecal.pngTraxusShoulderDecal.png

Grey broadcloth
This is for the darker detailed hem and the stripe along the midseam. Since I don't want to disassemble the coveralls to sew on the stripe I'll be using iron on fabric fusing tape to achieve a similar visual effect.

Original SWAT Metro 9" Safety Boots
These are the safety boots I use for work already and they almost exactly fit the part of this costume piece. Lace up safety boots in all black that look oddly similar to the ones the H3 Marines wear...

Hard hat
MrJamin has found a good one but I might be dumb and 3D model one that matches game geometry. If you could toss an Amazon link to the one you found Jamin, that'd be awesome.

Then all that's left is a prop, and honestly I have a couple to choose from. The name of the game for this build is a comfortable and lightweight costume that can be packed into a bag for anyone that may have forgotten something, doesn't have a costume yet and wants to participate or just a lazy Sunday at a convention.

Traxus Heavy Industries.png

If it's a prop, yes. If it's for work, I wouldn't trust my head with something I paid less for than my lunch.
You should buy cheaper lunches.

Will you be building a Forklift to go with it Turbo?
A S-2 Traxus Cargo Transporter? Benton did make some pretty sweet files for it so maybe. The only downside is that at 1:1 scale it's almost the size of my car.

A S-2 Traxus Cargo Transporter? Benton did make some pretty sweet files for it so maybe. The only downside is that at 1:1 scale it's almost the size of my car.

I think that means you need to use your car as the sacrificial vehicle to build it on...

You did mention wanting a new car too

2021-05-21 12_26_56-off-topic.png

NGL I've kinda been wanting to build plates to make my skid loader look like the S-2

Where did you find the files for the S-2?

1621653452473.png

Alterations on the top of the coveralls are done and I'm in love with the heat transfer vinyl results on the sleeve and chest. I'm thinking of doing up a bunch of these so that other people can get their hands on them for their own Traxus Heavy Industries uniforms.

Over the weekend I added the stripes and pockets, now it's just weathering left for the coveralls. I'm going to use some of the sleeve fabric sewn together in various ways and test an airbrushed on mix of Vallejo Engine Grey and a fabric medium to darken the areas around seams and create some general wear. There's also the option that I picked up a bunch of steel for a rather large prop project and I can just get to cutting that up with a grinder and rub my hands all over it to get a mix of mill scale, oil and mystery other stuff onto the coveralls. Nothing beats real world wear.
1621875919728.png

As someone who spends a lot of time in coveralls, pristine white ones weird me out. Usually they're coated like this.
1621876660493.png

Updating old thread with the closer to completed items. I'm also including a Halo 3 Traxus worker hard hat file that I used for this costume since I couldn't find a real world one with the correct brim, peak shape and close fit.
1632626577552.png

Files are broken into two halves for easier printing and less support material. For my personal helmet I scaled these files up a few percent and then added a small helmet pad for comfort and limiting rotation.

Traxus Hardhat Filepack

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back