Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay here we go.. HUGE POST!!

darth wombo said:
I'm loveing it!

cant wait to see it done

Thanks man I cant wait to see it either!! :p

5N0WM4N said:
Loki, man sounds like you need a nap...hhahah but what material are you using for your visor, and how thick is it? and how are you prepping the visor so that it'd work for vacforming?

Yes..yes I do need a nap..haha Im headed to take one right now..to wait out this rain so i can paint! And the visor I just used some clear plastic sheeting I found at a local craft store. Its not to thick and becomes very very brittle when heated..I found that out the hard way!! And the visor? I bondo'd it and smoothed it just like the rest of the helmet. I then reinforced it and made a "buck" to which I then heated the plastic and pushed it down. It was hard work..my father had to help me out haha. But no vaccuform this time around!! Perhaps next time!!

Silversaw Jack said:
The Detail On Your ODST Helm IS AMAZING! Cant wait to see it finished

Why thankies. I have been so OCD about this build.. but guess what?! HALLOWEEN IS A WEEK AWAY!! I must hurry..so sacrafices must be made at this point..but I will redetail the bottom of it later. The top is perfectly how I want it..the bottom..not so much :p And again..I cant wait to see it finished either!

ponchato said:
Keep up that level of detail all around the helmet and it will look incredible. Very nice work.

Well..that level of detail went down the drain towards the bottom sadly..but I got most of it detailed how I want! So yeah!!!

And in other news... *cough cough*

COME ONE!!! COME ALL!! ITS TIME FOR A LOKI UPDATE!!! YAY!! Okay so..heres what I got accomplished in the last 48 hours!!! I...

Detailed the helmet. CHECK

Made a Visor. CHECK

Tinted said Visor. CHECK

Painted? Stupid Rain... =[

Finished the Forearm. CHECK

Finished most of the chest pieces. CHECK CHECK and... CHECK!

Drank copious amounts of caffine. CHECK!

So without further ado... HERES SOME PICS!! YAY FOR HELMET!!! Oh..the bottom isnt quite done yet..but for the sake of this build. Im going to have to stop being so OCD about it and just paint it.

-Loki

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

1256366450.jpg

EDIT: Oh..and the poll is rigged :pI'm doing black with a dark green accent! YAY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dayum. That is one SEXY helm, you gonna do any LEDs? and awww...i wanted it to be pink and black! oh well green will look great!

I knew it was you that was voting for the pink!! lol...to be honest that had more votes than any of the others :pahahahahh but yeah Im wiring some leds...and the visor is getting an overhal me thinks. I wasnt to happy with this one! AND it got its first coat of primer.l *gush*

-Loki

Nice! im doing my armor and helm the same color as you are except that the main color is dark gray with silver battle worn all over. it looks realy good with that color and yours will be even better!

GOOD JOB!!

Trickster Loki said:
Little teaser...not completely happy with it..but oh well...

-Loki

Lol I know how you feel but oh well -.-"

Looks great though :D

Dude that new visor looks sooo much better. and your using rondo on the outside i presume? or just straight up bondo?

jurgenp1 said:
Lookf awesome. Did you use black tinted carwindow foil on the vizor. Because i think there som airbubbles in it.

Yeah I did. But I'm redoing it. That was simply to show what it will look like in the final stages. Im trying to find a better plastic, as that one is very brittle and has numerous cracks. Also, for people attempting this visor. Car window tint foil doesnt like to stick to a curved surface...be careful.

SoullessSin said:
Lol I know how you feel but oh well -.-"

Looks great though :D

Hah thanks man..I have already sanded off my primer and started redetailing -__-; I cant believe im being this stubborn with my deadline only 6 days away!! GAH! Oh wellz...If I dont do it now I wont be happy with it in the long run right? Plus Im hoping to make molds and do a run of this eventually...so if I concentrate on details now its less Ill have to do later!

5N0WM4N said:
Dude that new visor looks sooo much better. and your using rondo on the outside i presume? or just straight up bondo?

Hah thanks..Im actually redoing the visor anyways though :pBut I like the look. And the outside is rondo and bondo. Mostly bondo right now as the rondo has a tendancy to run...and go places it shouldnt :p

-Loki

Did you just take off the fibreglassed visor then vacuum form it? Did it fit okay without sliding through the hole?

Nice helmet :D

sierra092 said:
Did you just take off the fibreglassed visor then vacuum form it? Did it fit okay without sliding through the hole?

Nice helmet :D

I rondo'd the inside of the helmet with the visor inplace. Then as I started to detail the helmet, and cut out the visor. I then fixed the visor to a block so it wouldnt deform and made my visor pull off that. Kinda hard to explain..but it worked. And the visor has to be put into place from inside the helmet...as the visor is just a tiny bit bigger than the opening so I can attach it to the inside and get a nice clean look outside. Yep yep.

-Loki

Trickster Loki said:
I rondo'd the inside of the helmet with the visor inplace. Then as I started to detail the helmet, and cut out the visor. I then fixed the visor to a block so it wouldnt deform and made my visor pull off that. Kinda hard to explain..but it worked. And the visor has to be put into place from inside the helmet...as the visor is just a tiny bit bigger than the opening so I can attach it to the inside and get a nice clean look outside. Yep yep.

-Loki

Ahh thanks Trickster. I was worried that the formed visor would be slightly smaller then the hole so it just fell through.

sierra092 said:
Ahh thanks Trickster. I was worried that the formed visor would be slightly smaller then the hole so it just fell through.

if you cut it to the EXACT SHAPE of the original...then yes it will be a little smaller. But you have to leave overlap and an edge so that you can attach it to the inside. Otherwise you would be able to see the attachment points! :pJust food for thought! Hope it helps

-Loki

Looking good. I'm glad to hear that someone else used the method I plan on using for making the visor, now I can continue with just a bit more confidence.

I must say, however, that the panel lines on your helmet are just a little wider than I would make them, but great looking helmet anyway.

carpathiavh99 said:
Looking good. I'm glad to hear that someone else used the method I plan on using for making the visor, now I can continue with just a bit more confidence.

I must say, however, that the panel lines on your helmet are just a little wider than I would make them, but great looking helmet anyway.

Yeah..I tried to go off an ingame pic of Dutch's helmet and they were actually a lot wider than I thought. But oh wellz. This is kinda turning into my own build. Im working hard core on the rest of the pieces right now..my vaccuform table is almost built..and yeah! We are going to see how much I can get done in the next 48 hours again. Hopefully Ill be almost 100% by Halloween....

-Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back