Tropical Storm Gustav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Smith

I hope everyone who lives on the southern coast of the US is aware of the tropical storm Gustav that's coming. It's probably going to be a category 4 Hurricane by the time it hits. Keep an eye on it and stay safe!

Also keep an eye on Hanna that is a tropical storm coming in on the side of Florida!

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad it shows Gustav getting farther away from me. I love hurricanes, it's the only excitement us islanders get :cautious:

And Hanna's path cant be prodicted right now... it's so far off.... I probably wont take notice of that TS until it's an hour away lol

Gee. A Cat II is just a really heavy rainstorm isn't it? I've been through a Cat I and many TS's. A TS is a thunderstorm only without the thunder.

ive been through andrew cat 5, charlie, francis, and katrina cat 3 or 4? im in ft lauderdale florida

I believe Katrina was a cat 5......but ive forgotten anyways yah Im keeping my eye on that I live in Hancock County Mississippi and its supposed to come right on top of me. My family is planning to evacuate to my house if it gets up to Cat 3 because they live right on the Bay. If it gets to cat 4-5 my family (the women and children anyway) are evacuating to my uncles house in Memphis, TN during Katrina i went up there and was enrolled in school for a month and a half...ugh.....but I was in fifth grade then, now Im in 8th and My dad said I may stay here and help out after the hurricane to fix power, water, rebuild(if it gets that bad), etc., etc.

I kinda rambled huh?
well stay safe Southern coast :unsure:

hmm lot of storms and hurricanes you got

here there wasnt a hurricane seen in the last 800 years :p

just for future reference it says where the user is from under their avatar pic (most of the time) .......He's from Belgium

Any1 see th eMythbusters episode where the took staw/ hay and shot it at a palm tree to simulate a hurrican?

HELL JUMPER said:
ive been through andrew cat 5, charlie, francis, and katrina cat 3 or 4? im in ft lauderdale florida
OMG YEW R SO CLOES TO MEH!

...do I sense an armor party coming around really soon? :D

I think you and I are the only technical South Floridians here, plus mel_surf5 but she kinda dissapeared.....

moonmi: yeah i saw that episode, but thats not really a danger around here.... during Faye the only 1 person got injured but that was because the moron was on his rooftop drinking a beer when a strong wave of rain/wind hit him off HAHAHAHAHAHA, idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, guess where I am. It is going to be hell at the airport this weekend. It's probably going to be a mass exodus from Lafayette. I'm evacuating. Partly because I don't know if I'll be able make it back down to the house to pack up. besides, work has been crazy, so I could use a vacation for a couple of days, especially after this weekend. Time to go batten down the hatches.

EDIT: The Natl. Hurricane Center forecast track takes the storm nearly DIRECTLY over where I live as a Cat III hurricane.

this sucker is supposed to be a cat 4 or 3 by the time it hits you guys, my mom has been activated, she should be mobilizing down there when the USPHS calls her down there to help.

FEMA is a bunch of morons- they still have those trailers from Katrina down there, they are just beggin to be smashed.
if you are wondering wtf im talkin about, my mom is a military nurse, she got mobilized down there after katrina, she said it was a mess.

enjoy your hurricane, PA got floyd back in 99, but we only get the dead carcass afterwards :p

Stock Rock (really called Stock Island) is still packed with FEMA trailers..... Stock Rock is the biggest of the "ghetto islands" in the Lower Keys (followed by Bahama Village and Big Coppitt Key, where there are also a massload of FEMA trailers).

lol i feel bad for you kelly, this puppy is a cat 4 and its just reaching the Gulf, oh man.
anyone in Louisiana, prepare for a wild ride, this thing is gonna reach Cat 5, maybe even Cat 6.

Does everybody forget about texas, mississippi, and all other states? Dammnit, we almost lost our lakehouse with rita!

Hmm well its now a Category 4 and pretty much ownt Cuba.
New Orleans has a mandatory evacuation going on.
They are saying it might even curve west and go as far as hitting Austin with some outter bands o_O
Its lookin pretty intense!

Well I'm in Orange TX... We caught the brunt of rita... and now we have Gustav to look forward too... We plan on getting out of the area if it tracks closer, but we aren't leaving until mon.

link4044 said:
BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in Joe Swanson's voice)
Joe: So, what can I do for you Peter?
Peter: Well Joe, I need to talk to you about something kind of personal.
Joe: Shoot.
Peter: Well, you know, I took this test and, uh, it sorta turns out that I'm technically mentally retarded. And, um, i just wanted to ask, ya know, how do you deal with it?
Joe: Deal with what?
Peter: You know, with being retarded.
Joe: Peter, I'm not retarded, I'm handicapped.
Peter: Oh, well now your just splitting hairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of 2 hours ago, the Florida Keys are getting hit with the outskirts of the Hurricane, it's not too bad outside... just awhole lotta wind and rain, as usual.

Good luck to all my friends and everyone in the Hurricane's path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back