Twin.... who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinMustang

Jr Member
Alright folks, so I'm new here (duh, it's the newbie forum)

I've been interested in cosplay for a long time, and always thought cosplay like this would be out of my reach. Recent events have changed my mind.

I will admit, I came here looking for patterns for a First Order `Trooper build, but I think I`ve decided to put my resources into a Halo build.

I`m inexperienced with foam and pepakura. And that`s putting it mildly. Fabric I can do, provided a pattern. Same with steel, and leather. I`m not good at making patterns though (read as: I`ve tried and failed more times than I can count, and I don`t even need my toes to count).

I`m hoping to peruse the forums, and maybe pick up a few tricks of the trade from all you talented folks.

That's me for ya! Come say Hi! I don't bite..... hard.

T

Welcome Twin. You have found a good home here with us. My husband and I had never made foam armor before, and my husband never wore a costume before 2 years ago. At that time he went researching because I have asked him to join me at a convention in our home town. I asked him to join me in costume. It was also near our 17th wedding anniversary at eh time. SOOOOO... we decided to renew our wedding vows in armor. I said I didn't care what armor, just he had to choose, and we would figure it out.

He researched from the 501st, to Rebel legion, to many other groups, as well as here. Here is were we have landed. He is now on his 5th version of his armor, cause he is finicky and we keep learning new tricks and skills. We are always trying something new to us, and listening to advice from people we respect.

Good luck, Keep your blades sharp, and ask and read. There is so much information at your fingertips in the sticky threads, and in all the various build threads. Please partake in all of it. It is all there to help you make the best costume and armor that you can.

Welcome, as others have mentioned there is a plethora of knowledge here for those hungry enough to seek it out and research. Best of luck in your future endeavors

Welcome! Don't be afraid to make mistakes! And don't forget to ask questions if your stuck. Good luck with your build!

Welcome Twin. You have found a good home here with us. My husband and I had never made foam armor before, and my husband never wore a costume before 2 years ago. At that time he went researching because I have asked him to join me at a convention in our home town. I asked him to join me in costume. It was also near our 17th wedding anniversary at eh time. SOOOOO... we decided to renew our wedding vows in armor. I said I didn't care what armor, just he had to choose, and we would figure it out.

He researched from the 501st, to Rebel legion, to many other groups, as well as here. Here is were we have landed. He is now on his 5th version of his armor, cause he is finicky and we keep learning new tricks and skills. We are always trying something new to us, and listening to advice from people we respect.

Good luck, Keep your blades sharp, and ask and read. There is so much information at your fingertips in the sticky threads, and in all the various build threads. Please partake in all of it. It is all there to help you make the best costume and armor that you can.

Actually, I've been drooling over your DARE build since I stumbled on it. It was a huge factor in my joining the forums. Thanks for being awesome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back