Two New Army Of Two .pdos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy I talked to on Arnie's Airsoft (He's a custom mask maker, by the way. Very similar to hockey masks) suggested the following:
- 7 layers MINIMUM of fiberglass - Alternating Matt and cloth. His first mask has 12 layers, and he claims he can stand on it without any problems. He weighs "12 stone", approximately 170 lbs.
- Heavy duty speaker mesh - He uses 1 mm thick mesh, with 3 mm holes, and 1 mm wire in between the holes.

A nice feature he has added to his mask is that the mesh is held in with screws. He can unscrew the mesh and wear regular shooter's glasses underneath his mask.

Just built two of them last night (just pepakura) and they look great, I'll post some pictures when I'm finished.

bilsy28 said:
Just built two of them last night (just pepakura) and they look great, I'll post some pictures when I'm finished.
Great! Can't wait to see them!

I've got a tentative Rios build done. Ignore the colors, that was just to help me define an indention in the temple area.
riospromospin.gif

If anyone who's actually played the game has some insight as to how I could make it better, please point me in the right direction. I'm thinking about adding support struts to this file. Just a note, I'll be adding all my progress to the first post, so people can see all of it in one place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gooberz said:
Great! Can't wait to see them!

I've got a tentative Rios build done. Ignore the colors, that was just to help me define an indention in the temple area.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Mandalore/Airsoft/Masks/riospromospin.gif

If anyone who's actually played the game has some insight as to how I could make it better, please point me in the right direction. I'm thinking about adding support struts to this file. Just a note, I'll be adding all my progress to the first post, so people can see all of it in one place.[/QUOTE]
Its kinda hard to adjust the mask, because its pepakura so details would be iffy, but theres something about the eyes thats bugging me. Don't know how you can actually fix it but who knows.

[ATTACH=full]56005[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• PC220052.jpg
    PC220052.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 115
riospromotextured.gif

Someone on another forum complained about there not being any "scars" to define the teeth. I applied the picture I used for an orthographic projection (Three cheers for vocabulary) as a texture. Nice, mean look. I think I will finish this texture and make it an option for the .pdo file (Print with this texture, or just standard white + numbers). This should be a more intuitive build, the last model was my first shot at making my own .pdo.

Awesome job Gooberz! I will make these two as soon as I can!

EDIT 12/24

I made up the Salem mask! I scaled it up to 27 (I gots a big head lol). It looks badass, one thing I had a problem with tho, ewas the split sides. Attatching them was a minor pain in the rear. Other than that I freakin love this!

picture029mo8.jpg

picture030yj1.jpg

Gooberz said:
salembuilt01.jpg

I built it, yay.

salembuilt05.jpg

The eyes add alot to it, in my opinion. Hard to keep it on your face without straps. I'm looking forward to fiberglassing it. "Hat Day" at my school will be pretty cool with this, if I don't finish my Master Cheif Mjolnir MkVI helmet.

The reason I'm making a PDO rather than sculpting are numerous:
1. Cardstock is cheap.
2. Fiberglass is cheap (When you already have the supplies)
3. Sculpting is not so cheap, from what I've seen thus far.
4. I can complete an entire mask out of fiberglass without leaving the comfort of my property, seeing as I already have all necessary items. And in under 5 hours, I might add.

I could go on. However, it's up to the end user as to how you should make something. Personally, I'm going to be building and using this for airsoft use, along with ANSI rated safety goggles. About 6 layers of fiberglass would be stronger than rubber or plastic used in molding, thus to be desired.

DISCLAIMER: I do not endorse using props for airsoft use, any injuries you sustain are your own fault.

Any progress on yours?

As soon as the weather heats back up, im up for building one as well for air soft. And yes I know that its gonna take a couple a layers of FG, my buddies tested it on a old shoulder I built. The results were bad lol. Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back