Tyson-208's Skull Knight Build Featuring The Sword Of Resonance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson 208

Greetings 405th'ers, thanks for tuning in. Well, after my first SPARTAN armour build, of which I am very proud of, I thought for my next build I'd go for something a little more difficult. The challenge was to create a completely by eye suit of armour of one of my favourite manga/anime characters. The skull knight from Berserk.

First up was the sword; The Blade of Resonance.

IMAG0087.jpg

This bad boy was probably more complicated than the armor itself, taking a full week to make. It's a wooden handle with a foam blade decorated with noses, mouths and eyes (Which have googly eyes glued on so they even move around, making it very creepy). The spiralling thorns were a tuffy to figure out until I tried cording up wire and wrapping it in paper mache. Also worth noting, each thorn on those vines were individually cut, glued and then painted. That part sucked!

Next is the armour.

IMAG0103.jpg

I won't go into detail about the process, only that 95% of the build is all EVA foam, the rest being the skull mask I bought as a halloween mask and modded, reticulation pipe for the ribs, finger rings off eBay, and a bed sheet for the cape and kilt.

Here's a close up of the fingers and mask.
IMAG0104.jpg

And here's a few poses with both armour and sword.
IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

This will be unveilded at waicon 2012 in January. I've high expectations for this armour, as it already creeps my mother and sister out, haha.

Great looking build. I hope to see some high res close up pic's on the sword so we can see all that hard work you put into it. Awesome job, thank you for sharing it with us.

Well, just had my first public debut with the armour. Stood outside my house like a statue and waited for the little trick-or-treaters to come by. Once they got in range I made a grab for one of them and sent them scampering back. Lots of fun and got much love for the scary armour.

Well, just had my first public debut with the armour. Stood outside my house like a statue and waited for the little trick-or-treaters to come by. Once they got in range I made a grab for one of them and sent them scampering back. Lots of fun and got much love for the scary armour.

Now that's a classic.

Very impressive. I am looking for the same type of gauntlet looking hand and forearm armor but can not find it anywhere and so I might have to create it all with paper craft. Any suggestions of finding the same type of gloves you have? I searched ebay but found nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back