Unable to print Pepakura pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissFish

Hello Spartans!

I've been trying to print out the first few pages to begin folding but whenever I do, I just get tab numbers and no actual lines. The printer has brand new ink and this has happened on 3-4 different files all by different people.
Anybody have any experience with this problem? I looked through the FAQ's and found nothing

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pepakura Designer 3 tends to have this issue, I'm afraid. The best I can suggest is that you source out a copy of Pepakura Designer 2, and use Pep3 to export those files into a Pep2 format for printing - this is something I've had to wrestle with myself.

I'll throw you a PM with more in-depth instructions.

I've encountered that before. The solution I hit upon was to open up Print Preview. Once the lines are rendered out in the preview, you can hit print and they'll come out

Thanks to both of you for the replies! Chernobyl's method worked and I got one of my pieces all printed out and ready to start.

This problem is usually the result of printing lines as Bitmaps instead of as Vectors while having the line transparency set at 100% instead of 0%. Check those settings under Print and Paper Settings to avoid having to use an older (deprecated) version of Pepakura. Change the transparency value to 0%, or change the printed line type to Vector.

This problem is usually

But not always. I've had these issues myself and Pepakura Designer 3 just refuses to play ball, for some reason. Sometimes you just have to roll back your version - new and shiny doesn't always mean 'the best'.

Interesting problem and good solutions. I'm going to be honest, sometimes I get like, grey lines for the pieces. I found the solution for that is going into the Settings, then Print And Paper Settings and switching it from bitmap print to Vector print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back