under armor idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderFluffy

has anyone thought of trying this method. 3 or more layers of armor.

Listed from inside to out.

1. close to the skin is a jell layer much like a jell bike seat.
2. a nural network of heat curcits that can be powered from the backpack and a temerature control in your forearm. the curcit network can cool or heat your body and recieve information so you can regulate spicific areas. also it is your trnsfer to turn on your flashlights and or extra arm helmet chest and backpack lights.
3. a layer of D3O for inner protection.
4. a layer of small flexable fabrics that are from bullet proofing equiptment
5. another layer of D3O
5. final cover layer that holds on armor peices with rivets and connectors.

Each layer is placed in what looks like either a ski suit that progressively larger or a wet suit.

thats my idea of a undersuit. computer and power supply are all inside your back pack. and controlls to the computer are on a lockable doubble touch screen in one of your forearms. suit should be a total of an inch or so either way thick can be smaller or larger depending on materials used.

We make costume armor here, not actual bulletproof armor. Should you still want to do this, can I suggest a starting point?

Here

Maybe thay have a forum that will show you how to do it yourself? :D

aside from the bullet proof materials, it actually sounds viable, I mean how hard could it be to set up "temperature tubes" in one of the layers, and make a simple circuit (housed in the pack-pack of course) with wiring running under the suit (near your basic skin-tight suit) to various sections of tubing and to a simple control panel somewhere on your forearm, to regulate certain sections of the the tubing?

Though it would take a bit of digital electronics knowledge to rig something like this, if I knew enough I could maybe do it myself...but I am not familiar with what ever it is they use to regulate temperature in suits now-a-days.

A simpler way could be to just save up a hundred or couple hundred bucks, and buy one of those devices that pumps cool/warm water throughout tubes mounted on your body in key areas, with a water heater/cooler in the back-pack area.

See, this went over the top with the bullet proof thing, it may very well be possible and not too hard to do, but I hear bullet proof materials aren't exactly cheap, or easy to come by.

you know, if you live near a college, I'm sure any of the electronics/engineering majors would be more than happy to supply it for you. Or you could even offer a $50 "prize" to the student who comes up with the best design, if you can use it.
It seems to be a pretty common trend that college boys like Halo. A lot.

well im going to try it.. without bullet proof system but then some other method to help with the bullet proofing

it's not like your gonna be shot at when u wear this so u could just put on a normal siut of underarmor over all the cooling and heating systems

true but think if you tested it and showed it worked to the army you would get a ton of money for it! i might try without the actuall bullet proofing parts but ill also make one with

D30 would be nice, but a tiny bit expensive.. Do you really need impact material on a costume?

If so, I know where you can get a full body suit for $7999.00 (or was it $5000?) no lie, it's the suit for the olympic ski (or bobsled?) team. It's got that spiderweb design all over it and a huge "USA" across the front.

As for the military buying something like this, well it's possible, but don't forget that there ARE "cool suits" already out there with a patented system similar to what you've suggested, and I beleive there's actually a version that works with Dragonskin Armor, the armor that's the equivalent grade to that which the military is already using in Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back