Soft Parts Underarmour ColdGear vs. HeatGear

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogWizard

OK - here's an odd question...

I have a full ColdGear mock t-neck shirt/pants combo to use as a undersuit base. I still need a hood/balaclava and I know that I can get one in ColdGear (to keep you warm) or HeatGear (to help keep you cooler). My question is one of appearance - has anyone compared the color and texture of the two materials? Do they match? Is the sheen of the fabric the same? I want everything to match but I want to keep cool if at all possible. Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks!

you should get the heat gear one. Because it gets hot in the helmets. And as far as i know they all are the same fabric and color, unless you buy a differnt color.

I'm just trying to avoid an obvious color/texture change at the neckline (which will still be visible even with the helmet on). Shiny vs. matte or "lighter" black vs. "darker" black...

well if your having trouble matching it take the shirt to the store with you and compare heatgear and coldgear are basicaly the same same material and everything just ones got on more layer than the other

The cold gear is thicker (but not by much) and has a flat finish. Its the only stuff I wear under my armor. I can also vouch for the quailty fo the Cold Gear hood, its awsome and wics sweat away very nicely. When I did the rose parade I had one fo the hoods on and it did great, of course I had about 1 cup of water in my helmet after that 6.5 mile death march.

I always thought cold weather gear was tight and the hot weather gear was a bit loss

CMANavy: i was sweeting buckets after that parade but i was in a wool marching band uniform. But it was all worth i had plenty of in and out buggers and that made up for that

That was the best In & out burgers I have ever had. That was one of the draw back about moving out of Cali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back