Soft Parts Undersuit Reference Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason 078

I have looked around the site and the net for some high detail Halo 3 undersuit reference shots. I have seen the 12" figure and the statue. I tried to look for it on the Halo costuming wiki, but the link there was dead. What I have found here were mostly drawings and diagrams based on the pictures, but no real pictures.

So, having utilized my search-fu to no avail, I am asking for help from the community. Can someone post diagrams of the Halo 3 undersuit? Perhaps even a mod starting a thread for undersuit pictures from Halo 1, 2, 3, 4, Reach, etc.? That might help those of us looking to do full undersuits for our costumes.

I'm busy on that too. I'm using in game pictures. Just gotta wait until I can take my 360 home from base and hook it up to internet. If you guys can wait it out and think them useful... I'll happily share. Then there is something that I vaguely seem to remember... I've seen some WIP models from when they did Halo 3 I believe... It contained images of the FULL under suit UNDERNEATH the armour... If someone is able to rip the game model and strip the upper layers of the armour. Underneath there is a full suit.
At least that was wat Bungie was bragging about in the vidoc I saw.

Jason, I don't know if this helps you or not but it is the best pic I have seen soo far. Hope it helps. But you probably already seen this one.

master_chief_.jpg

Hey everyone! Can I bump this thread?! I would love to see more reference pics for the different under suits for different armor types! I am going to search around tonight and try to contribute as well :)

Looking great. I have two ideas for the undersuit (the Hexed pieces). they both involve a 3d model of those parst ( w/o hex pattern ). once they are modeled in 3d, separate the individual sections [ chest - upper back, stomache - lower back, upper arms / shoulders, lower arms / fore arms, cod, Thighs, calfs. etc. ( do this so that you can size each individual section in pepakura)
flip the normals in the 3d modeling program OR wait and flip the faces in Pepakura.

for a molded looking suit (foam, silicone, latex):
- cut and Pep or 3d print inverted parts
- put together the parts to creat your "inverted mold." of each separated body section.
- spray the insides with heavy duty adhesive
- line the "inverted mold" with loose mesh netting ( purchase at your local fabric store. I get mine from Jo-ann fabrics)
- seal inverted molds with acrylic sealer spray {let is dry}
- spread your medium (latex, silicon, foam) inside of the mold. be sure to get it into all the nooks of the netting ((let that cure))
- " you get the rest"

For a Fabric suit.
- purchase aluminum Mesh [like the one you have pictured on first page], purchase the fabric, and Puffy / 3D fabric paint. i go to Jo-Ann fabric for both.
- create fabric patterns, either in 3d program or using pepakura (there's a Tut out there make sure there is flange)
- trace patterns onto the fabric ( but do not cut them yet)
- flip the fabric over, place the aluminum mesh on top and roll / spray ( brushing takes forever)
- remove the mesh and repeat until fabric is covered. (let the paint puff up and dry)
- cut out the paterns, pieces together, and stitch

the coolest thing about these methods. "they're DOWNLOADABLE"
i have tested thes techniques on small models but never had a proper 3d model to build an entire suit. if any one can point me to a 3d model of the undersuit, i would love to make a tut about peicing this together. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back