Unfold Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Arizona

So im getting ready to start a new project (sith stalker) but iv run into a bit of a snag. The helmet i want to use is unfolded by not very good around certain areas. Iv tried to fix the problem my self but something else gets messed up on the file every time i do. Iv never had this problem before. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Heres the file: Thanks to JUICE for the file. http://www.4shared.com/file/145065659/ad54a0cf/Sith_Stalker_by_JUICE.html

Iv pictured the troubled areas. These are almost impossible to do

These ear caps need the most help. I was making each ring its own part. I thought that would work best.
sdfdsdfds.png

The area around these two parts have too many fold lines as well. If the respirator could be easier to put together, that would be ideal as well.
dfsdfdsdf.png

Any Help here would be much appreciated

Quick trick; just detach the troublesome parts on their own and voila, done! :D
If you want, I can do it for you, it'll take about 5 minutes :p

Oh and to do that, could you send me the already unfolded file?
I'm not really in the mood for a full unfold right now xD

Would you mind doing it? Iv been working on for awhile with no luck. And im not that good at unfolding. Maybe a fresh set of eyes will get it.

Here you go, I simplified around the visor and the respirator, the ear pieces as well.
I'm warning you though, this'll be a pain in the back to pep, so I guess enjoy! :D

Sith Stalker

Hello,

I am new to pep and foam builds but am very interested in getting started, I tried an iron man helmet, just the paper and it turned out ok. My youngest son wants to be a combine soldier from half life for Halloween, but the only file I can find is an OBJ, and I have never unfolded anything. Is there anyone that can help?

Thanks.

Hello,

I am new to pep and foam builds but am very interested in getting started, I tried an iron man helmet, just the paper and it turned out ok. My youngest son wants to be a combine soldier from half life for Halloween, but the only file I can find is an OBJ, and I have never unfolded anything. Is there anyone that can help?

Thanks.
Hello,

First of all, welcome. However, if you look at the time stamps on this thread, you will notice it is almost 5 years old - that's really old! Please avoid posting in threads older than a couple of months; it's called necro-posting and is a bad practice. Just start a new thread of your own in the New Recruits section - you'll both get more views as well as have more people willing or eager to help newbies like yourself. I'd encourage you to do that, and also possibly post over on the RPF forum (http://www.therpf.com/) - while this forum does support some non-Halo projects, it is mainly Halo focused, and you may get more specific help for other projects on the RPF.

As far as basic unfolding help, there are several great videos on the subject that are just a google search away. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pepakura+unfolding+tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back