!!Universals Recruit Post and want to know where to start!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Universal

Hey everyone im Universal im just wanting to say nice to meet you all and im glad to start in this community. At moment i am not working on any projects but im hoping to soon this is what i want to know from you all i don't know how to start this and what to use ect. Im wanting to start creating a costume as soon as i can but i don't know how to go with it. I am wanting some directions to making one if someone can and also what i should use.

I Would also like to know an estimate of what time it might take and the cost. If you could start with the helmet for the instructions that would be great thx. But anyway cant wait to meet you all and i love seeing everyones designs. Also sorry if this wasnt long but ill do more posts when i get started with a costume when some people help me to guide me in the right direction XD

Thx
Regards Universal! :D

Welcome to the 405th.

I recommend reading through the forum sections - especially the sticky threads, they are the most helpful.
You can use either EVA foam or cardstock and then harden it with resin, fiberglass and bondo. Costs and time differ, that's why it's just better to read for yourself.

- Palmer

Thx and I'll look, also does anyone know what a good 3d printer is for making a halo suit is there any printers that could make a half a halo helmet or even a full one and if so which one. Thx

Thx and I'll look, also does anyone know what a good 3d printer is for making a halo suit is there any printers that could make a half a halo helmet or even a full one and if so which one. Thx

I'm going to blunt on this one: if you have to ask a question like that, you have a LOT more research to do. You will be spending thousands to buy a printer that could print a helmet in one go. The commonly used method is to slice up your 3D model in blender and print it in a number of pieces.

spend a few hours reading and researching before dropping a bunch of money on methods or hardware you don't have the full knowledge to use. I spend a good year browsing the forums before starting my build, and I didn't have to ask any questions along the way.

As for costs and time, I only have about $800 in materials into my build, but it took me about 500 hours for the full construction (pepakura helmet and foam armor). Over the course of two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back