Unsc Full Dress White Uniform - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wogle

So as I am the kind of person who likes to do multiple projects at once, I have decided to work on version of the uniform seen at the start of Halo 2.

unscdresswhites.jpg

Now, the concept I've come up with is the uniform worn on a passing out parade at the Reach Naval Academy. There are actually 2 reasons for this. First is that I wanted to try something which was unique and wasn't armour. Second was it was preparation for a fan film I'm thinking of making (it doesn't concentrate on action, but is more of a character-based drama).

Now this isn't a W.I.P. Thread (at least not yet), but I was wondering if there was any progress on other attempts at this? Anyone got tips on materials, etc? I've been looking through older topics and it seems a lot of people have been doing the research, but no one's actually put anything into production.

At this moment it's all just concepts, but one of my friends Eve is a massive cosplayer (not... LITERALLY massive, she's actually quite slim, but as in a huge fan of cosplaying) and she's helping me with some of the stuff including looking at suitable materials (she explained some cotton stretching when cutting and therefore throwing off measurements completely).

Thoughts? Or should I just go with a more traditional version like in the We Are ODST trailer?

OK I think what you will need for fabric will be suit wool you can find it at any fabric store just not sure if they will have it in white it will cot 8-10 bucks per yard and there is a civil war officers pattern I think it's McCalls 4745 but I could be wrong but it will be perfect fr the uniform the gold tabs on the uniform I would suggest cutting those from foamies which is a thin sheet of colored foam which you can get from a craft store and after you cut the pieces yo can sew them t the fabric.

You'll want to look at Gabardine it's what dress uniforms are made of. It's a wool fabric so it's a little hot. You can also look at trying to find a Naval Dress White Jacket and modding it. Good luck with this, I have found that cloth costumes can be harder than any armor build.

Thanks guys. I'll take a look at the materials next time I head down to the fabric store. Main problem I'm having though is the price. From what I can tell it's about £15 per metre (about $23), so it looks like my costume's gonna be pretty expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back