UNSC Painted foam "metal" ID plates or badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to experiment with some new branding tips on 3mm foam and then use acrylique paint to achieve the metal look. Here is a pic of the first 3 plates
Picture135.jpg

I used silver and black paint and also gave them a gloss coat.
#1)Top left recieved a coat of black, a coat of silver, details painted black, another coat of silver
#2)Top right recieved a coat of black, a coat of silver, details painted black, another coat of silver, blackwash, silver drybrush
#3)Bottom recieved corner details painted black, 3 coats of silver and a drybrush stencil
Personally I like the look of #2

Nice idea, but what are you gonna put them on?

My luggage!
Seriously though, I was thinking of putting the smallest plate on shotgun version 1. The larger might go on the assplate of the MKVI. The last might convert my Brother scanner to a UNSC scanner. I might also make some plates for the boot heels, could read: UNSC 15, or maybe one for the cod: UNSC XXL
(That last one was a joke)
When I get around to making a pistol I will use the fine burning tip to burn in the inscriptions and the other branding tips for the details
493px-M6G-MagnumPistol-Transparent.png

I could probably make UNSC dogtags too, I will have to dig up some reference pictures.

Hahaha I like the originality! What kind of branding tips did you use?

Thanks. I used the various branding tips that came with the kit.
Picture168.jpg

You can get great details using this method, and it works great for other foam projects too. These are fridge magnets made with foam, a color dino, Ecto, Super Moshi badge and Lady Goo-goo.
Picture167.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back