Props UNSC Weapons By Justinian

JUSTINIAN 117

For a while, I have been wanting to make all of the weapons (or at least most of them) from the UNSC arsenal. To help keep things less cluttered I will use this thread for all of them. The first few posts will be reserved for the final of each weapon. I will be making them all from scratch and accurate to the highest detail possible.

Enjoy the ride...

JUSTINIAN 117

Reserved for MA5C Assault Rifle.

Progress starts on page 1. FInished on page 5 and page 11.

FullSizeRender1_zps53b37861.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps674d176c.jpg

IMG_1017_zps1477c69f.jpg

102_3764_zpsf02786fd.jpg

102_3766_zpsbc3f9579.jpg

102_3765_zpsf02ed3d5.jpg

JUSTINIAN 117

The first weapon I will make is the MA5C Assault Rifle. The Halo 3 version.

I started out with a pep file as a reference.
102_3628.jpg

I thought that it wasn't quite accurate enough, and I also wasn't satisfied with any of the other blueprint drawing. So I made my own.
MA5C.jpg

It is the most accurate one out there now. I made this strait from a game reference image, so it is 100% accurate.

I am hoping to start cutting this out later this week.

spartanx360

i made my AR by cnc'ing the two halfs in polyurethane foam and then vacuuformed,
I made sure i made it a cm higher so i just had to cut a cm off of both halfs en then i glued them together with resin or epoxy.
and tadaam, easy and durable AR :p

JUSTINIAN 117

I don't have access to a laser cutter. I would eventually like to have one. I do however have a laser cutter. I will be using that to cut out layers of different thickness plastic, and then routing the edges to round and angle some of the edges. Then some Bondo on a few parts, and then laser engraving all of the little detail.

spartanx360

I don't have access to a laser cutter. I would eventually like to have one. I do however have a laser cutter. I will be using that to cut out layers of different thickness plastic, and then routing the edges to round and angle some of the edges. Then some Bondo on a few parts, and then laser engraving all of the little detail.

you mean a cnc drill?

JUSTINIAN 117

lol. I said that wrong. I don't have a CNC. I do have a laser cutter.

I will be making it sliced, but it won't be pepakura. It is vector based to work with a graphics program, and the laser.

JUSTINIAN 117

Well I have finally had the time to start cutting out the parts. Here is the main body and the butt.
102_3635.jpg

I have already routed the edges on those parts. I will cut the rest out tomorrow, and hopefully get it done in time for Dragon Con.

JUSTINIAN 117

So I completely forgot to post this up before Dragon Con. I did get it finished it time. Here it is:

Here is everything all cut out, and routed.

102_3636.jpg

I also got an electronics kit, thanks to thatdecade and jlhr2.
102_3637.jpg

I built each section.
102_3638.jpg

Here it is all painted and electronics installed.

102_3640.jpg

102_3642.jpg

I built and finished this all on Friday, and loved how light it was at Dragon Con.

Thanks for looking.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.