UPDATE 01/06/08 H3 frag granade finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadoman

Hey all like I said im new to the forums. Just want to post my wips of one of my current projects the H3 Frag Granade.
I first sculpted it out of clay and then made the first molds of it. I just pull the first cast of it today. I still have alot of clean up
to do before I make a new molds of it. Then I will clean and paint. It comes in two peices (top/bottom).
here are the pics.

Frag_angle.jpg

Frag_Side.jpg

Here it is taken apart. I have it so you can screw it in.
Frag_Parts.jpg

Here is the clay version. Its a bit worse for wear after pulling the molds.
Frag_Clay.jpg

Hope you like.

That does look awesome. Nice job. I've been thinking of doing one of these lately but I think it wouldn't turn out this clean.

Any plans on casting to sell?

Gopher11789 said:
where is the pin?
Are you serious? MC NEVER pulls a pin there is a red button on the top. He would have to put his gun down to pull a pin.

That looks AWESOME!!! I may be looking for you to buy two in a couple of months. PM me the prices?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks guys. Im pretty happy with it at this stage, but I still have alot of work and cleanup to do before I make new cleaner molds and then paint I'd say about a week.

@Ruze789: Thanks and sure I'd sell them if theres enough interest when I finish it.

@bevbor: Thanks I actually made the ring myself on my CNC mill. Its made from a solid peice of stainless steel round stock. I made my wife a matching one, but smaller of course.
The design is to match my real wedding ring which is white gold with diamonds. They are what we call our beater rings. So we dont mess up our real ones. The funny thing is I get
more compliments on this one then my real one. :rolleyes

rings.jpg

@Werd Nal: PM sent

Thanks again
Dale

Your grenade are awesome and so are your rings! You have a CNC Mill? Awesome! That means that you're a craftsman and you've come to the right place! PM sent.

DMASTER said:
bevbor: Thanks I actually made the ring myself on my CNC mill. Its made from a solid peice of stainless steel round stock.

Looks really great!
Only one question: what size wrench you use to put it on/off? Lol :rolleyes

bevbor said:
Looks really great!
Only one question: what size wrench you use to put it on/off? Lol :rolleyes
lol :oops: You kiddin me the wife keeps the wrench so I cant take it off

this are just awesome. one thing you should consider is hollowing out the spot where the read ignition btton is on the grade, putting a piece of clear red plastic there (That can compress like a real button) then put a red LED behin it that turns on when pressed. LOOKS AMAZING SO FAR!

I completly agree and this is somthing that I have been thinking about. What im not sure about is where the button is. Is it the red LED that is also the button? Or does the head of the granade push down to light the LED? I was under the impression that the head pushes down, but the LED button would be easier. I have never seen any video of the cheif ativating the nade. Any thought on this? Anyone?

I love it when new people post their first posts with pictures of good work. You just know that they're gonna be beneficial to this site.

Awesome job. Prolly the first to try this to my knowledge.

Keegan said:
superbly awesome! cant wait to see the finished product!
Thanks Keegan I caint wait to see the finished product either. I have to take the next few days away from it to build a cabinet for a christmas present for my wifes grandmothers kitchen. :mad:
So it will have to wait a bit.

Zaso117 said:
I love it when new people post their first posts with pictures of good work. You just know that they're gonna be beneficial to this site.

Awesome job. Prolly the first to try this to my knowledge.
Hey thanks. I hope I can be beneficial to the site as well. I have a full metal and wood shop in my garage with tons of machinery including cnc
capabilties all cramed in my 2 car garage. So if I can help anyone just let me know.

just for a comment... the halo 1 grenade had a pin and also... it is going to be really had to get this on any ones armor with out something... almost every military clips the pin to there shirt so when they pick it off there shirt it already primes.... so if you want to ... you can use a pin for about 3 useful things... and also... how would you cause it to be lit other wise?... also I Have to go back to on topic... the Grenade is the best i seen! ... great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back