Updated Noble Six Reach Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1ondeange1

Member DIN
S555
Since my last thread on here is now quite old because I have been slack and not updated, I figured I would start a new one to update my progress :)

Finally got some of my armour lights done which I am VERY pleased about! I have chosen only to put a few lights in the chest piece and the thigh pieces, technically just about every armour piece in the game has lights but I think it is a bit overkill and would light me up like a christmas tree, plus it becomes impractical- either every piece needs its own power source, or you have a centralised power source in the torso and wiring running to everything which makes getting dressed that much more difficult! I also finished my emblems- which were hand painted on- and done a few more bits of weathering.

It is just about finished completely: I just have to paint the white stripes on my shoulder pieces if i decide to do those. I am also considering making a different helmet without the peaks which is more reminiscent of Reach- I've always preferred 'Master Chiefs' helmet but the other style has grown on me! I will also be making a one piece jumpsuit for photo shoots, 2 piece is far more convenient when it comes to going to the bathroom but the one piece will look better :)

Some photos, since I did four events in just over a week a few weeks back! The Master Chief is my husband Jobe Devian on the forums here :)

UNSC emblem
temporary_zps8xim1e4h.jpg

405th Aus emblem, hubby thinks I am nuts to hand paint it!
temporary_zpso3vwkxwz.jpg

Chest lights
temporary_zpsjjrgkdny.jpg

Back lights
temporary_zpsy3jlxanz.jpg

Thigh lights- these arent as glary now as I added resistors to tone them down a bit
temporary_zpso6kervch.jpg

First event: a small local con. Spartan on a Segway! (yes, it was as much fun as it looks! :D )
temporary_zpsje5nx4fu.jpg

Second event: Halo 5 launch at a games store, this was so much fun! 3 Spartans and 2 ODSTs turned up but somehow I didn't get a photo of all five of us :/ we even had a couple of policemen on patrol come and get their photo taken with us, one was very impressed when we handed him an assault rifle for the picture! :D

temporary_zpsut0tj8ez.jpg

Spartans and the other ODST having lunch in the local food court and turning a lot of heads in the process ;D
temporary_zpsp2uvsq3y.jpg

HALOween party including halo 5 tournament photo courtesy of the bar and their photographer
Facebook-20151106-061430_zps13mrosuo.jpg

Final event: local toy fair halloween edition with blue teams flag which I made! Red team flag will be on the way…. and we are going to get a proper flag printed up with logo at some stage

temporary_zpspvgoaygm.jpg

photo courtesy of a photographer friend
Facebook-20151101-092434_zpslhd68vjz.jpg

And another one that turned up, this one Star Wars related (Star Wars being my other fav universe).

Those pesky droids are very naughty, R4 stole our flag at the fair and we had to go chase him down to get it back! ;)

Master%20Chief%20chasing%20R4_zpsibdzwzdn.jpg

Attachments

• temporary_zpso3vwkxwz.jpg
    temporary_zpso3vwkxwz.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 164
  • temporary_zpsjjrgkdny.jpg
    temporary_zpsjjrgkdny.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 176
  • temporary_zpsy3jlxanz.jpg
    temporary_zpsy3jlxanz.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 183
  • temporary_zpso6kervch.jpg
    temporary_zpso6kervch.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 172
  • temporary_zpsje5nx4fu.jpg
    temporary_zpsje5nx4fu.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 189
  • temporary_zpsut0tj8ez.jpg
    temporary_zpsut0tj8ez.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 168
  • temporary_zpsp2uvsq3y.jpg
    temporary_zpsp2uvsq3y.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Facebook-20151106-061430_zps13mrosuo.jpg
    Facebook-20151106-061430_zps13mrosuo.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 184
  • temporary_zpspvgoaygm.jpg
    temporary_zpspvgoaygm.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Facebook-20151101-092434_zpslhd68vjz.jpg
    Facebook-20151101-092434_zpslhd68vjz.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Master%20Chief%20chasing%20R4_zpsibdzwzdn.jpg
    Master%20Chief%20chasing%20R4_zpsibdzwzdn.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 188
As to how the armour is going- you can see there are a lot of creases in the foam and there are worn points, but all in all it has held up surprisingly well since I have done something like 15 to 20 events in this already. Only had to do one lot of touch ups over the whole suit plus a few touch ups on the black sections because we had the paint out the other day though it is due for me to run over the edges with the airbrush again. I think this is largely to do with the paintwork- we used high quality (and expensive!) automotive paint and there are several layers. I've got friends who have used cheap spray can paint and they have had to do multiple resprays, so while the paint cost a lot in the first place the expense has paid off in durability :)

All the foam I used (with the exception of a couple of high bits) was dark grey or black so when the paint does wear through to foam you cant really tell, it just looks like more weathering ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back