Props Updated Unfold Of Bevbor's Battle Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meleck

Jr Member
I've unfolded the Bevbor Battle Rifle. I think the model is great but the original unfold was awful in my opinion. So I got in front of my computer and unfolded it. Here is my current version. After I build this version, I will update it with my observations of the build process.

[attachment=14479:Bevbor Battle Rifle.png]

Bevbor Battle Rifle

I've updated the file with a version that prints better by increasing the margins on the side of the page. This adds two pages to the file but it's actually the magazine which I have moved to these pages. I like having the possibility of printing only the magazine for those who want to have more than one. You don`t need a seperate file if the unfold is done with this in mind. Anyhow for those who had problem printing this unfold. Here it is.

Well, I would be happy to try it out if you could host it somewhere other than 4shared. Sorry if that would be trouble, but 4shared doesn't work on my PC.

nice job! what i would like to say is that the pieces that take up one page (like on ur last few pages) sometimes dont print out fully as printers may cut parts off. so u can trim the larger pieces a bit

Harris007 said:
nice job! what i would like to say is that the pieces that take up one page (like on ur last few pages) sometimes dont print out fully as printers may cut parts off. so u can trim the larger pieces a bit

I can definitely do that. I will test that theory as I have to see if pepakura doesn't already allow a margin that is large enough for most printers. I first thought that the margins shown on the 2d version were the actual margins of the page. But then, when I enabled the registration marks on multiple pages, I noticed that these marks were outside of the margins in pepakura and still a good margin inside the page.

I'll work on it tomorrow and update the file if that is the case.

ForRuneScape said:
Hope Meleck won't get mad.

Nope, I won`t get mad. As I understand why a site wouldn`t be accessible for some users. I can`t connect to the 405th when I am connecting through my router (go figure). I don't mind people reposting my file on other site as long as I am aware of it. (That last line is also for Kensai and the Halo Costuming Wiki.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Meleck said:
I think the model is great but the original unfold was awful in my opinion.

Great unfold (Except I don't like overlapping details :)

Thanks for defining of model as "great" :)

But you made a lil tricky proclamation :)

As I know, I never did unfold of BR with detachable magazine :)

So... If you have found some unfold of it, it's awfullness definitely isn't my fault :)

Keep up good work!

Wow that is a way better unfold! great job! oh and i have the same request as Harris007. my printer seems to cut things off...

bevbor said:
Great unfold (Except I don't like overlapping details :)

Thanks for defining of model as "great" :)

But you made a lil tricky proclamation :)

As I know, I never did unfold of BR with detachable magazine :)

So... If you have found some unfold of it, it's awfullness definitely isn't my fault :)

Keep up good work!

I don`t like overlapping details but I couldn`t find a line in the model that would make a nice cut.

You'are welcome. And yes I know I made a pretty tricky declaration and I didn't make it lightly, I think that the unfold was an automatic one so I don't hold anything against anyone. Unfolding is a long process even though it may not look like it. On the quality of the unfold, it was more for people wanting that particular model with a decent unfold.

Thanks for the compliment.

ratchet_fan said:
Wow that is a way better unfold! great job! oh and i have the same request as Harris007. my printer seems to cut things off...

Ok, this problem is reproduceable so it is a bug with the unfold. I'll eventually get to it but right now I have other things I am working on. (Read: Home and Life)

Melek this is awesome, I wanted to build this BR since I first saw the file, but like you said the unfold wasn't good and there was no way I was going to try to put that thing together. I'm just glad you decided to take a crack at it, its definately doable now. Good job!

Thank you! The first unfold WAS pretty bad, a lot of wasted paper there. I think I'll start on this very soon...

Finally, an un-terrible unfold. (No disrespect to Bevbor, the model's amazing)

If I get enough of the rest of my armor pepped in quick time, I'll print this and do it, to see how it works.

Thanks for the IMMENSELY better unfold I actually printed the original unfold out already on a crap load of paper so now I'll just draw X's on the original unfold side and print this unfold on the opposite side. Too bad there're still those 2 pieces that go across 2 pages. But still, thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back