Upgrade your armory with the 2 Chiefs in Longshot-X's Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meet the 2 Chiefs, Spartan Longshot-X and Spartan Intimidator 117, pictured here standing in the back of Longshot-X's Workshop
Img00023941.jpg

Spartan Longshot-X is constructed of fiberglass and lights up and Spartan Intimidator is constructed of foam and stands at 6'5". We are thinking of doing a live video feed from the workshop to not only show you how we build things but to answer questions and demonstrate help requests on the spot. Would anyone be interested in this?

I'd love to see your method for fiberglassing just to see how you do it. I'd also love to see just the basic cutting methods for foam.

Yes having two different build types in one spot would be awesome. That way a person could compare and choose which would be best for them

I would definitely love to have a live feed by the experienced builders. I give you 2 thumbs up to go forward with this.

I think it would definitely be a more than useful tool to help a lot of the newer members. The work from you two has been extremely impressive, and heck I could probably even use a refresher myself. :)

-Matt

Thank you for the positive feedback, we will certainly archive our sessions and make them readily available for review.
2chiefs.jpg

We are going to do a trial run this Sunday afternoon (PST) with the theme of getting Longshot-X ready for PAX, the event takes place the following weekend.
Be sure to follow this thread as we will announce our start time here.
2chiefs-2.jpg

Looking forward to Sunday afternoon.

Things to do for the live event:
Finish off rewiring the LED's in the boots.
Look for locations to wear the PAX Passes. I don't want to use a lanyard, if I can help it.
Test fit the suit... for last minute tweaking
Test fit a fanny pack or something similar for my swag and camera.
Wire Up the winter undersuit with ELwire.
Work on installing a hidden pocket behind the removable chest piece.

Cheers!

OK, I will bring the various fanny packs and other pouches I have been gathering from the thrift stores. I also have fabric and velcro for your hidden pocket.
For the foam project I need to add ventilation to the helmet and properly mount the battery pack with a switch for the fan.

I also added some pictures of our "2 chiefs" photoshoot here: http://www.squidoo.com/master-chief-pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back