Using airsoft guns as a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolantDegree

Its my first time going out to a convention in Spartan armor and I don't have the resources anymore to use pepakura and molds. Is it possible to easily create items to put on a non-working airsoft M4 I have instead of creating a Battle Rifle or DMR from scratch? Thanks.

You're better off just making a halo weapon from scratch. Airsoft weapons (functional or not) are generally not allowed into conventions, as they look far to realistic from a safety standpoint.

Secondly, and AR variant weapon doesn't remotely match the configuration of any unsc weapon, so you'd be doing way more work trying to make it look like something from halo than just starting from scratch.

You are far better going without a weapon than with a weapon that isn't from halo. I've seen a few cosplayers carry around nerf guns and other sci fi weapons with their halo costumes, and it just looks out of place and rather silly.

Nope don't even bother. I have broken down M4 and I tried to make DMR out of it. It's not working out in any shape or form. It would require immense amount of work to make it happen.

Also keep in mind the mentality of the world right now......anything that could be a weapon, is deemed as dangerous.......and as such, will be banned. You might know that the weapon is non-functional, but the person who forgot to wear their glasses that day might think it real and that is just going to cause you problems......Some cons are even banning prop weapons for the time being.....so showing up w/ a nonfunctional air-soft modified weapon, may cause you more trouble that you think.

Also keep in mind the mentality of the world right now......anything that could be a weapon, is deemed as dangerous.......and as such, will be banned. You might know that the weapon is non-functional, but the person who forgot to wear their glasses that day might think it real and that is just going to cause you problems......Some cons are even banning prop weapons for the time being.....so showing up w/ a nonfunctional air-soft modified weapon, may cause you more trouble that you think.

thanks, for the advice and I looked at the policy for the convention I am going to is pretty good with the rules regarding guns (repainted the orange tip with an even brighter neon orange) but I was at least going to bring the M4 as something to carry so I wouldn't feel "naked."

thanks, for the advice and I looked at the policy for the convention I am going to is pretty good with the rules regarding guns (repainted the orange tip with an even brighter neon orange) but I was at least going to bring the M4 as something to carry so I wouldn't feel "naked."

That's gotta be the worst feeling ever. During my last con about a month ago, I was walking around with three friends, all carrying big rifles, as I was carrying a small pistol. Definetly making a rifle for my ODST cosplay.

That's gotta be the worst feeling ever. During my last con about a month ago, I were walking around with three friends, all carrying big rifles, as I was carrying a small pistol. Definetly making a rifle for my ODST cosplay.

Yeah I know I'm going to be making a BR and a Magnum for future cons but at the time I don't have any of the materials or money to afford the materials besides the old arisoft guns I have.

Yeah I know I'm going to be making a BR and a Magnum for future cons but at the time I don't have any of the materials or money to afford the materials besides the old arisoft guns I have.

Good luck on the BR and the Magnum. And yeah, every gun is better than no gun. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back