Using .pdo files in Armorsmith to scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phauxelate

Member DIN
S554
Hey! I have a quick question: When I use pep files with Armorsmith, scaling the parts resets the unfolding that people did. How can I use pep files to print with my custom scaling?

I run into this all the time. If you get the scale set and folds laid out and saved in armorsmith the layout of the folds save into that position. But that is just in armorsmith not into pep. So you still have work to do on it each time. I've been playing around trying to find something but an auto layout like pepakura has would just bring all the unwanted stuff back as well.

I've tested it, and re-scaling in any measurement for the .pep file in armorsmith just wipes the pep someone did. I want to keep that darn it!

Maybe you can contact the developer and bring this to his attention, as he is always working on ways to improve the program

He sent this to me:

"When using the non-uniform scale the unfold has to be rescaled in model space so it then has to be re-unfolded using the existing connectivity data which results in the patterns getting shuffled around as the previous layout is no longer valid."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back