Soft Parts Utility Cover & Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNSC Leatherneck

I just thought I'd share this little project. The local surplus shop had 8-point Utility Covers in OD without the USMC EGA logo on the front. I picked one up and put a UNSCDF pin on the front. Turned out better than I expected. Picture by me.

gallery_6309_1277_32481.jpg

EDIT: Please note that I did not make anything seen in this picture. The hat is an 8-point USMC-style utility cover in OD green without the USMC logo on it. I picked it up at a local army surplus shop. The pin belongs to a friend of mine and is a purchased pewter pin. I've seen 'em at F.Y.E. and online.

DYSTORTED INC said:
Wow!! Do they have anymore? I would kill for one.

They had several more. PM me your hat size and we'll work something out. Do you have the UNSCDF pin?

Last edited by a moderator:
UNSC_Leatherneck said:
I'd have to check the receipt, but I think they were around $10 apiece. You can find the pins online for $7.49 each.

Yeah, I'm using the pins as beret badges. I just need a few of the covers. Not a bad price either - thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The utility covers are a little trickier to find than the patrol caps. The marines and the navy use the utility cover, while the army and the air force use the patrol cap. The top of the utility cover is shaped like an octagon, while the patrol cap has a round top. The trick is finding the utility covers in OD and without the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor insignia on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back