Vacu Forming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm i know how to vacuform but I've never done it b4. I NEED a vacuformed ODST H3 Visor. So idk if someone could do it for me or what =/

reactor beam said:
Umm i know how to vacuform but I've never done it b4. I NEED a vacuformed ODST H3 Visor. So idk if someone could do it for me or what =/
Vacuforming isn't anything challenging, I've done it with only a 5 minute demo. It was nothing too difficult. I'm sure you can do it just fine. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Go out and look up how to vacuum form. Like RadMicrobe said, it's nothin difficult. You can usually build your own kitchen oven vacformer for 20-40$.

Plastics about 10$ for a 4x4 sheet if you can find it.

The difficult part is conjuring up the mold.

Spartan137 said:
Go out and look up how to vacuum form. Like RadMicrobe said, it's nothin difficult. You can usually build your own kitchen oven vacformer for 20-40$.

Plastics about 10$ for a 4x4 sheet if you can find it.

The difficult part is conjuring up the mold.

yeah, the $20 vacuuformer is awesome, just make sure that you do not overheat the plastic as you can release cyanide gas into your oven... and your lungs!

reactor beam said:
But im only 14 -.- I have absolutly now idea how to actually vacuum it. Special vaccum I need to buy? IDK!!!! :( :( :(

On the Instructibles site, the guy was using a $30 shark vac (about 2HP, super suction!). You could easily use a shop-vac though.

Here's the site: Instructibles Upgradeable Vacuuformer

You can get all of this stuff at Home Depot and Wal-Mart.

Cardboard box... Peg board... Ducktape... Vacuum cleaner... and an oven. I think that's just about all ya need (besides plastic).

Really, it's quite a simple contraption. Whoever invented it was a friggin genius!

Spartan137 said:
Cardboard box... Peg board... Ducktape... Vacuum cleaner... and an oven. I think that's just about all ya need (besides plastic).

Really, it's quite a simple contraption. Whoever invented it was a friggin genius!
Certainly :)

lexan is a little bit tricky. First you will need to put it in an oven @ 120 degrees for about 10 hours to get all of the moister out of it. Plexy is not fun to work with either. Modified acrylic would be the best bet for homemade formers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back